'13 KB issue

5PTSLO

WFO Racing!!
Established Member
I have a '13 gt500 with a 3.2lc KB pullied for 16lbs, mono blade TB, Id1000 injectors and o/r x pipe. After the install I had a remote tune done with Lund. After a few logs, Lund said the tune was done and looked good, but the car didn't feel fast. Wen to the track and car ran a constant 11.7 at 125 with a best of 11.4 at 126.

Yesterday I had the chance to strap it to the dyno. It made 503 the first pull and 507 the second. Logs and graphs looked good with no indication of any issues anywhere. Boost stayed steady at 16 and peaked 17 lbs through the whole run. No clutch slip either. Ended up getting someone else to tune it And the best that could be had was 577 with 22 degrees timing. All of this is on 93 pump gas.

Something is not adding up. Anyone ever run into anything like this? Possibly have any ideas where else to look for issues?

sono

Established Member
Put it on a trailer and send it to Power By The Hour. You have a combo of Lund tuning and a world class shop. They had a 3.2 going on a 13' when my car was in there. It made a ton of power.

They get cars in there from everywhere that were question marks from other people. The reason I say this is because you know your 150-200 rwhp off on the conservative side.

Ask for Frank, 561-737-2331

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I have been having a low boost issue with my 3.6 KB but it turned out the boost bypass actuator wasn't closing under WOT. OP are you reading those boost levels from the stock gauge or a aftermarket boost gauge?

TVS VERT

Established Member
As stated above your car is down min 150 RWHP, there has to be some kind of an issue without any datalogs its a guessing game, Perform a compression check and leak down to eliminate something internal and go from there. If you can get it to PBH get it there world class shop with a boat load of knowledge and tuning experience (Lund Racing).

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
I have been having a low boost issue with my 3.6 KB but it turned out the boost bypass actuator wasn't closing under WOT. OP are you reading those boost levels from the stock gauge or a aftermarket boost gauge?

My first thought as well. Probably the stock gauge, and it's actually not making anywhere near that.

Users who are viewing this thread