1320 ported blower egr issue

Ballsgt

Established Member
So I’m installing my 1320 tvs on my 2010 and the egr can’t bolt up due to the cut and weld on the blower. So guys running this setup what’s the fix? Or just delete the egr tube and run the sensor?

Sielmo

Established Member
So I’m installing my 1320 tvs on my 2010 and the egr can’t bolt up due to the cut and weld on the blower. So guys running this setup what’s the fix? Or just delete the egr tube and run the sensor?
. After some serious man handling due to the tube being too long, I decided to take the time and bend to where it was oriented correctly.... still too long but cut and had it rewelded.. perfect fit. Rewrapped in 1" header wrap so not to burn the coolant hoses. The trigger to go this route was the tube was rubbing on the firewall which not only rubbed the fire retardant wrap to a million pieces, but also caused a bunch of squeaking heard inside the car.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ballsgt

Established Member
This is what I’m working with here

Attachments

• 52F54CF1-1143-4324-8723-BAF33310B908.jpeg
    52F54CF1-1143-4324-8723-BAF33310B908.jpeg
    219.4 KB · Views: 250

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I had to do the same thing Sielmo suggested. Try unbolting the supercharger and see if you can get the bolts and the tube ends started, but loosely. It's easier to manhandle the supercharger into place. Tweaking tube the is a long involved process. Bend a little, test fit, figure out the next move.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
It kind of look wired from the picture (maybe just the angle of the picture) but can you even bolt the EGR valve to the S/C in the first place without the tube?
You know I didn't even look at the photo, but Poisonous is right. I don't think you can physically bolt up the EGR. Here's how 1320Junkie had mine set up.
Gen 2 EGR plate.jpg

Sielmo

Established Member
This is what I’m working with here
I just looked closer at this and I don't know how you bolt this up? There is suppose to be a block to bolt the egr. In this case, the egr top looks like it won't bolt up. Did you ask Jason??

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ballsgt

Established Member
Yeah I talk to Jason last night, he told me this is one of his protypes and it didn’t have the block on there, so I’d have to weld one on or delete my egr. So I’m deleting my egr. Now I just need to figure out how to properly run the vacuum lines for the sip sensor on this thing

RBB

Established Member

devilish64

Established Member
My blower looks like this because it was one of this first ones he ported. It came with a couple little spacer plates that get sandwiched with high temp silicon to the egr valve and blower case. The bolts are obviously longer and thread into the blower case wich is the biggest flaw in the design. Only a few threads in the case being as the metal is thin as possible due to the port. It works fine for me although i wish i had the newer design. I i spend any money on another blower its gonna be a gen 3.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
A Whipple 2.9 EGR adapter block may be an option for you if you want to continue utilizing the EGR valve. My kit did come with a slightly modified EGR tube also. I found this pic of Tob's install online... sure he won't mind me attaching it for reference.

Whipple EGR adapter block.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread