14 GT500, stock 2.7 mile top speed.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Interesting to see how fast a stock 13/14 GT500 will actually go flat out in stock trim, I honestly thought it would be faster. Either was to see cool to see.

1971mach1

Established Member
It sounds to me like the driver is in 6th gear instead of 5th , our cars can't achieve top speed in 6th gear... Should be in 3rd to around 130 4th till close to 170 then go into 5th all the way passed 196 towards 200. I know what it sounds like between 170 and 190.

Sent from my SM-F711U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Cobra Therapy

Established Member
It sounds to me like the driver is in 6th gear instead of 5th , our cars can't achieve top speed in 6th gear... Should be in 3rd to around 130 4th till close to 170 then go into 5th all the way passed 196 towards 200. I know what it sounds like between 170 and 190.

Sent from my SM-F711U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
you are correct,the guy did not know what the hell he was doing!!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I’ve seen that before but I’m watching it several times today and it actually sounds like 5th with first being difficult to tell due to traction I’d guess.
My Hellcat Charger was most definitely faster on the highway and it logged too speed. I turned it in with 178mph on the log, my dealer buddy just shock his head.
I don’t think I ever did a top speed run stock on my Shelby, but it had 4.10 gears and drag radials with a mail order tune at 800miles :)
-J

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Mine was still stock when I did the Colorado Mile. Broke into the 170s, but not by much. The staff, who also run the Texas Mile, said I should expect to do about 5-8 MPH faster there because of the more favorable Density Altitude. (DA was almost 8.2K on the day I raced.)

Picture from the run (orange blur is a single traffic cone)
IMG00711.JPG

GoPro video of the run

Cell phone video of the launch

Speed slip
Pass 5 - 170.2MPH.jpg

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Mine was still stock when I did the Colorado Mile. Broke into the 170s, but not by much. The staff, who also run the Texas Mile, said I should expect to do about 5-8 MPH faster there because of the more favorable Density Altitude. (DA was almost 8.2K on the day I raced.)

Picture from the run (orange blur is a single traffic cone)
View attachment 1723346

GoPro video of the run

Cell phone video of the launch

Speed slip
View attachment 1723347
170 is pretty damn impressive for being stock, I forgot they run the standing mile in Colorado, that actually might be closer for me than the Texas mile. When do they run the Colorado mile events?

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
170 is pretty damn impressive for being stock, I forgot they run the standing mile in Colorado, that actually might be closer for me than the Texas mile. When do they run the Colorado mile events?
Historically, they ran it around Labor Day. Unfortunately, they stopped doing the Colorado Mile a few years ago. I don't know why, but suspect it was for financial reasons.

Since then, we've been limited to the (1/2 mile) Pikes Peak Airtstrip Attack. Obviously, that was canceled (like the rest of 2020), due to COVID. For some reason, it wasn't scheduled this year. Emails I've traded with Shift-S3ctor indicate they're working to bring it back in 2022. (Fingers crossed)

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Historically, they ran it around Labor Day. Unfortunately, they stopped doing the Colorado Mile a few years ago. I don't know why, but suspect it was for financial reasons.

Since then, we've been limited to the (1/2 mile) Pikes Peak Airtstrip Attack. Obviously, that was canceled (like the rest of 2020), due to COVID. For some reason, it wasn't scheduled this year. Emails I've traded with Shift-S3ctor indicate they're working to bring it back in 2022. (Fingers crossed)
That sucks to hear, I feel like the Texas mile is the only one left.

Users who are viewing this thread