14 GT500 Value question

smokedbystang

Established Member
I picked up a 14 GT500 all options except glass roof with 15k miles 2 years ago for $44k. Sold it last year. Looking at another 14 with less than 1k miles. Asking price is $62k. All options except glass roof. Pricing is crazy high right now but for the miles this seems pretty good. Just curious if these prices will stay steady or drop in a year or so. Opinions??

Sent from my SM-G991U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

dale.baker

Established Member
I picked up a 14 GT500 all options except glass roof with 15k miles 2 years ago for $44k. Sold it last year. Looking at another 14 with less than 1k miles. Asking price is $62k. All options except glass roof. Pricing is crazy high right now but for the miles this seems pretty good. Just curious if these prices will stay steady or drop in a year or so. Opinions??

Sent from my SM-G991U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
No crystal ball here but if I found the car I wanted and it has less than 1K miles, I would have to buy the car for $62K. You are essentially getting a brand new car 8 years later. Does it have any mods-unlikely with the mileage. I don't know how many 1K mileage cars are out there, but mine has 6500 miles on it and I drive it less than 300 miles/year the last 5 years. So whats my point, you will be the first person to enjoy this new car 8 years removed and thats really cool to me. Just my 2 cents.

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
2013 and 2014 Shelby GT500's will continue to rise.They are the last real authentic shelby's. See the trend. 2013's are passing 14's year over year. Reset your chart starting back 2012. Prices bottomed in 2018! If you own a super snake or shelby 1000 its going to bring big money!!

Last edited:

q6543

Established Member
As long as you are not expecting to make a profit on it you should be alright.

They were high 40 low 50s 2 years ago.
Had the covid cash infusion not happened, likely would be low 40s high 30s now.

Which is inline with the 40% premium in the used car market for now.

smokedbystang

Established Member
Thanks for your comments. Not looking to sell right away but eventually will. I can't seem to keep cars,longer than a year. Also dont want the bottom to fall out either and lose $10k+. Also looking at a 2017 P51 Roush with 7,500 miles on it.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Imo, the 13-14 GT500 prices will most likely hold. If there is a drop, it won’t be much. I think the switch from gas to ev will really drive them up quick. All niche cars really.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Good possibility! Supply and demand is something the future will dictate. Due to the low production numbers and survivors and being the real last shelby's ever produced....I see pricing being driven higher! That's just my opinion! We will see!

Cobra Therapy

Established Member
2013 and 2014 Shelby GT500's will continue to rise.They are the last real authentic shelby's. See the trend. 2013's are passing 14's year over year. Reset your chart starting back 2012. Prices bottomed in 2018! If you own a super snake or shelby 1000 its going to bring big money!!

You are correct!!The 13-14 GT500 is the last authentic SHELBY!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for your comments. Not looking to sell right away but eventually will. I can't seem to keep cars,longer than a year. Also dont want the bottom to fall out either and lose $10k+. Also looking at a 2017 P51 Roush with 7,500 miles on it.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using the svtperformance.com mobile app
GT500 will hold value better than the Roush.
Why sell the Shelby, just add 100hp with mods every year and keep it :)
Speaking from a guy that has 1100hp and realizes 900hp is more fun on the street.
-J

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
You are correct!!The 13-14 GT500 is the last authentic SHELBY!
Totally in agreement as well! As we all know, 2013 was the last year CS hand his hands with the program and there wasn’t really too much open changes between the 13 & 14s hence what someone posted out 13s are surpassing the 14s if conditions trim and mileage is semi equal. :)

As Carroll Shelby would say, you can't get anywhere without bending the rules a little, and in true fashion I’d say CS would have bent the rules of being a fan of the 350s. High revvers, irs, more nimble around a closed circuit than the rawness of the 500s. I think we would have gotten convertible gt350 though if he were alive.

If one looks back throughout various interviews you’d find CS stated numerous times in interviews that the '66 GT350 convertibles were amongst his favorite cars. Would have been a cool think to have had him on the project for the 2016 GT350 and maybe brought a drop top too.

Cobra Therapy

Established Member
Totally in agreement as well! As we all know, 2013 was the last year CS hand his hands with the program and there wasn’t really too much open changes between the 13 & 14s hence what someone posted out 13s are surpassing the 14s if conditions trim and mileage is semi equal. :)

As Carroll Shelby would say, you can't get anywhere without bending the rules a little, and in true fashion I’d say CS would have bent the rules of being a fan of the 350s. High revvers, irs, more nimble around a closed circuit than the rawness of the 500s. I think we would have gotten convertible gt350 though if he were alive.

If one looks back throughout various interviews you’d find CS stated numerous times in interviews that the '66 GT350 convertibles were amongst his favorite cars. Would have been a cool think to have had him on the project for the 2016 GT350 and maybe brought a drop top too.
I agree SHELBY would have loved the new GT350!! Its a shame ford performance didn't do a droptop 350.it seems to me ford performance lost what SHELBY was about.SHELBY would not have approved of the new ford performance gt500. The 350 and 500 should not have shared the same block, and SHELBY would have gone after the demon and beat it.He would have wanted at least 875hp in his approved GT500.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
I agree SHELBY would have loved the new GT350!! Its a shame ford performance didn't do a droptop 350.it seems to me ford performance lost what SHELBY was about.SHELBY would not have approved of the new ford performance gt500. The 350 and 500 should not have shared the same block, and SHELBY would have gone after the demon and beat it.He would have wanted at least 875hp in his approved GT500.
I AGREE WITH YOU 100%!!

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
^ its threads and discussions like these that really make me appreciate how lucky I am to have my '13 in the garage. And also the timing/price of when I purchased.
Indeed you are lucky to hold in your possession the last year the icon Mr. Shelby himself had his hands into. It's going to be a sought after and highly collectible year and car. I know the feeling! Congrats!!

Cobra Therapy

Established Member
Indeed you are lucky to hold in your possession the last year the icon Mr. Shelby himself had his hands into. It's going to be a sought after and highly collectible year and car. I know the feeling! Congrats!!
All 13-14 GT500 guys have a very special piece of history!!Out of all of the SHELBY GT500s the 13-14 have been placed in the same class as the 67-68 GT500!!!That alone says all that can be said!!

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
All 13-14 GT500 guys have a very special piece of history!!Out of all of the SHELBY GT500s the 13-14 have been placed in the same class as the 67-68 GT500!!!That alone says all that can be said!!
Well said cobra therapy....

Users who are viewing this thread