14' has different exhaust note than 11-12?

D.T.R

Established Member
I just picked up my A6 14' a couple of days ago, and noticed right off the bat that it appears that it has a little more growl to it than my 12' does? is my mind playing games on me, or is it exactly 100% the same exhaust as the previous years? i drove both cars the same day, with all stock exhaust, and both my wife and I agreed that it seemed pretty noticeable the sound difference (for the better) ??? anyone else experienced the same?

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
think its the 13+14's....my 12 didnt quiete growl like my 13 does when i got em new

D.T.R

Established Member
might be silly but were both cars driven with the sound tube?
yeah both had the sound tube.
think its the 13+14's....my 12 didnt quiete growl like my 13 does when i got em new
x2, i dropped off my 100% put back to stock 12' and drove off the 14' the same day and there was a clear difference... and even my wife was like WTF.
Are the mufflers the same part #?
No idea yet.
My 14 sounds deeper than did my 12. Put that could be all in my head

That's what i'm thinking. I can hear the exhaust more on the 14... i'm confused lol

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
its those extra 8 hp going to pound town LOL

i think its becasue they run a little more timming

dabster

Established Member
I drove a 12 and a 14 the same day actually a few days ago and the 14 I was surprised as well at the tone stock. Never been in one before.

What is it that's making everyone switch from 11-12's to 13's or 14's?? Is it that you went MT to Auto, upgraded to premium, or what? I'm in the market soon and you guys are scarring me on the 11's and 12's lol. I can't buy brand new unfortunately hence my interest. I know why Juan switched, but anyone else care to say?

Last edited:

13GT5.0

Established Member
13-14's look better, have track apps, will be the last generation of the S197 before the fusion-stang arrives next year.

Deranged2013

Established Member
I just picked up my A6 14' a couple of days ago, and noticed right off the bat that it appears that it has a little more growl to it than my 12' does? is my mind playing games on me, or is it exactly 100% the same exhaust as the previous years? i drove both cars the same day, with all stock exhaust, and both my wife and I agreed that it seemed pretty noticeable the sound difference (for the better) ??? anyone else experienced the same?

I went by the Ford dealership yesterday just looking around, mostly at the gt500 in the show room. I have a 2013 Boss and noticed some of the new GTs had different mufflers and tips. I'll bet they are putting the old single tip GT500 mufflers on the new GTs. I looked at them very closely and tips and mufflers are different and look better than my stock Boss mufflers.

KonaFifty

Established Member
13-14's look better, have track apps, will be the last generation of the S197 before the fusion-stang arrives next year.

these are still referred as S197's? when i look at the sticker on my diff housing it says S207, dunno what that means tho.

personally i like the 11/12 front end and the 13/14 gt500 rear end. all the other gadgets are cool to have, but it is not really needed.

D.T.R

Established Member
I drove a 12 and a 14 the same day actually a few days ago and the 14 I was surprised as well at the tone stock. Never been in one before.

What is it that's making everyone switch from 11-12's to 13's or 14's?? Is it that you went MT to Auto, upgraded to premium, or what? I'm in the market soon and you guys are scarring me on the 11's and 12's lol. I can't buy brand new unfortunately hence my interest. I know why Juan switched, but anyone else care to say?

Base to premium, cloth seats to recaro, manual to auto, outside also the 13+ looks amazing if you ask me.

rseantan

Established Member
Maybe the spirit of the car knows whats in store for it. MOPWR
It is only establishing its soon to be dominance of the skreets.
:lol: David Banner < Hulk

Users who are viewing this thread