14' Ram totaled? Rear axle snapped in half

Equalbracket

Established Member
Car full of latinos were going about 15-20 over the speed limit at a bad intersection, 30mph on this road, and they were flying. I was pulling out and crossing traffic from a stop sign and clearly had plenty of time to get across as there was nothing on the right and only two vehicles in the distance on the left. I pull out and cross both lanes of oncoming traffic and this lady veers out of her lane, and into the turning lane and hit me as i was getting into my lane. I had a witness that was behind me at the stop sign and behind her, both tell the police the same exact story I'm telling you guys. I just cant make sense of why would leave her lane and veer TOWARDS me, if she stayed in her lane no accident.

They all got out of their car and approached my truck screaming and cussing at me as i was coming to, luckily the guy behind her stopped and told them to piss off, EMS shows up and every single one of them has to be carted off to the ER with neck and back pains. Cop told both wrecker drivers it was her fault just from looking at the scene, she pushed my truck over 150 feet sideways.

Axle is snapped in half, two rims ruined, frame is bent. Pretty rare this day in age for people to stop that actually saw the accident and stick around to tell the police, one guy was late to work just to help me out. He was doing the speed limit and said she flew past him and veered into the turning lane and hit me. The turning lane is not for the side in which she was driving as there is absolutely no where to turn.

2rhpiqc.jpg

2cprvwl.jpg

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Will have to see the report to make a judgement

Equalbracket

Established Member
I cant imagine it was intentional but she veered out of her lane as if it was, she had others in the car, i asked for them to do a field test on her but she was too hurt. I wanted the cops to search each vehicle for drugs/alcohol, they wouldn't. I just cant piece it together, wtf would she leave her lane. Cop said as soon as he pulled up he could tell it was her fault from the skid marks, and how far she moved my truck. I broke my thumb from the steering wheel turning so fast, i'm sure ill be hurt tomorrow but i'm fine.

Front axle is bent, rear is in pieces. the springs were laying on the ground. Cop told me he was going to mail the ticket since they went via ambulance, didn't want to add salt to the wounds.

That's no 30 mph hit either, she was easily doing 50-55 as it slopes down by about 15% so its easy to pickup speed. I was well past both oncoming lanes and getting into my lanes, two lanes each way. I'll be talking to one of the witnesses later tonight to try and piece things together.

Last edited:

Equalbracket

Established Member

Does indeed! I was only on that road as I was helping a family member.

Really ridiculous that two of them approached my truck in as hostile manner as I was coming too, I was really dazed and had no idea what to do, as I don't carry anymore. After calling me stupid cracker and all kinds of stuff, they were too hurt to walk as everyone showed up. They had to call a third ambulance to carry them all.

I had some really bad luck, but some really good luck that i'm pretty much fine and that such good people saw the whole thing AND stuck around tell the cops. Girl behind me the cop I did come to complete stop at the stop sign, and that I had plenty of time to cross.

Oh and I look up and a local news crew had a camera on screen, seriously...just shooting video of a wreck, maybe they use scanners and hoping something died? Idk

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I am completely unable to follow your story. Was the woman driving the car full of latinos? Can you draw up a paint diagram of the intersection?

Did they happen to have insurance??

Equalbracket

Established Member
Sorry, yes the lady was driving, she had 2 other passengers that seemed to be her son's. They were all latino. Yes they had insurance, just liability, and not nearly enough to fix this, so I'll most likely have go with mine, but underinsured. They had a newerish model car too, probably 2005+ So they are screwed.

https://www.google.com/maps/@31.570...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s5zoWAA3PYgII0aBglQAUGA!2e0

Hope that works.

I was coming from the stop sign, she was headed from right to left if that google map link works.

I always check both ways twice, and oncoming traffic i look at last, that intersection is bad for wrecks because people go so fast on lake shore, when I saw her she was at such a distance I didnt think twice about going, she came up on so damn quick, then left her lane completely and hit me in the opposite lane, i saw her leave her lane and punched it but wasnt enough time.

edit: One of the witnesses was behind me at the stop sign, and the other was behind her. The one behind her told the cops he was going the speed limit and she flew past him, and continued to speed up, and that she left her lane. She had to of freaked out and just was in panic mode or something I dont know, there's no way she would try to hit me with passengers in the car, they looked to be her sons but who knows.

Last edited:

Equalbracket

Established Member
I have to wait for the police accident report to get all her info and everything, which will take a few days. This will not go on my insurance, hell no. The cop did tell me all she had was liability. And i'm sure she'll try and get every penny she can from my insurance, i'll get an attorney if i have to, this one isn't on me.

She also never tried to brake, no skid marks only after the impact are there marks. If I make a mistake i'll own up to it, but I didn't do anything wrong in this instance. I cant judge how fast someone is going, she was a good ways in the distance when i went to cross, and got to me so quick. She's getting a failure to maintain control or speed ticket, cant remember what he said.

Last edited:

Equalbracket

Established Member
Pics of other car?

autqp3.jpg

I only snapped a few pics, should of grabbed a ton more but I was hurting pretty bad.

The lady in the passenger seat, got out after the wreck and was one of the ones screaming at me, then got back in when people showed up. Not saying shes not hurt but it knocked my ass out, I didnt come too till i had people knocking on my window.

Driver had to of been drunk or on something, makes no sense to leave your lane and head towards oncoming lane, it's two lanes each way and her right lane was 100% clear, only one truck behind her that she passed, then got back in the left lane.

Last edited:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
That sucks....also not sure what them being Latino has to do with this either.

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Wow that's unfortunate. But, what does them being Latinos have anything to do with this?

Equalbracket

Established Member
That sucks....also not sure what them being Latino has to do with this either.

Well, I didn't want to say mexican, but she gets out calls me a stupid white mker, then can only speak spanish to the police, knows no English what soever.

It's pretty comon for that race to pull that bs.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Well, I didn't want to say mexican, but she gets out calls me a stupid white mker, then can only speak spanish to the police, knows no English what soever.

It's pretty comon for that race to pull that bs.

lol, ok man.:bored:

On a serious note you should get checked out. You were knocked out and broke your thumb? Please go to the Dr.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Not totaled IMO. Bed is easy and reasonably cheap to replace and the truck was probably not cheap. The insurance company will most likely just want to fix it. Look into filing a diminished value claim.

Users who are viewing this thread