14 Shelby VS C6Z

Grabber07'

Established Member
Good kill bro. But I must ask: "bus lengths"??

Ok, so your Shelby is what ~4000LB? vs the Z ~3050LB? That alone will take 100RWHP to overcome, take the much better gearing on the Z and I think that the term "buses" may be an over statement. At ~50MPH the Z is right on the power band in 2nd gear, and it will pull like a freight train all the way to ~90MPH at the top of 2nd.

May be the Z driver was in 3rd gear? I can see that, but "bus lengths" its an overstatement.

Sold my 08 Z06 for a 14 GT500. Both have the exact same gearing and you are a little exaggerated on the weight.. This story is VERY believable. Might want to look into what these cars are capable of, might surprise you. At 50mph the GT500 is also right in his powerband with instant torque from the TVS Supercharger and these cars too pull like a freight train. So again "bus lengths" is believable :)

adidasUNT8

Established Member
I was making 740/7xx in my GT500 (with 3.73's gearing) before putting it to stock.. no shifting issues at all and it trapped 136 in 55-60*temps.

My C6Z (stock 3.42 gearing) is making 605/555 with bolt ons and it has a shifting issue getting it into third at high rpms after the transmission warms up? so there is probably a 1/3 to 1/2 second delay shifting from 2nd to third when I could get it to go and it trapped 133 in 95* temp. 135whp/150ft-lbs difference... shifting issue with my z... 3mph diff... bus lengths is bs unless it's driver related..

Last edited:

ArabianOak

Established Member
I was making 740/7xx in my GT500 (with 3.73's gearing) before putting it to stock.. no shifting issues at all and it trapped 136 in 55-60*temps.

My C6Z (stock 3.42 gearing) is making 605/555 with bolt ons and it has a shifting issue getting it into third at high rpms after the transmission warms up? so there is probably a 1/3 to 1/2 second delay shifting from 2nd to third when I could get it to go and it trapped 133 in 95* temp. 135whp/150ft-lbs difference... shifting issue with my z... 3mph diff... bus lengths is bs unless it's driver related..

Did you read the kill story??? I SAID HE WAS MAKING 470RWHP TO MY 711RWHP!! But please continue to compare your highly modded Z to my car, even though that has nothing at all to do with the race.

Nolan

Established Member
Even with a giant cam you aren't hitting that. Head work would be a necessity, including milling to bring the compression up.

slowbra1

Established Member
Best ET ?

So you are offended by the OP and his kill of a Z06.
Well we are trying to get Camaro 5 vs SVT performance vs Challenger and new c6/c7 Corvettes race going would you be able to attend this if I give you the dates in 2015 ? Then you could show us whats up.

adidasUNT8

Established Member
Haha... I'm not offended at all. I probably should have said the more noticeable mods in the initial statement, but I assumed the numbers were more important than a list of mods. I do have heads, cam, intake, and exhaust. I have removed the engine and going with a more serious set-up so not sure I will qualify for what you're looking for. When/where would this be? Utah is like 9,000 miles away :)

slowbra1

Established Member
Haha... I'm not offended at all. I probably should have said the more noticeable mods in the initial statement, but I assumed the numbers were more important than a list of mods. I do have heads, cam, intake, and exhaust. I have removed the engine and going with a more serious set-up so not sure I will qualify for what you're looking for. When/where would this be? Utah is like 9,000 miles away :)

LoL it will be closer to texas than that like 8,999 miles away

SK GT

Established Member
Too bad you're not closer to me. I would like to try to run a GT500 like yourself. Yours is probably just a small bit slower than my GT500 is that I just returned to stock (about to sell). I picked up a C6Z a little while ago and would look forward to that run. Nice kill!

Z in your signature looks awesome. I wouldn't run a plate like that unless I had a 1200rwhp+ bull, lol. Even then, always someone faster.

adidasUNT8

Established Member
Z in your signature looks awesome. I wouldn't run a plate like that unless I had a 1200rwhp+ bull, lol. Even then, always someone faster.

Thanks bud. I'll be there soon enough. The car is in the shop now. New build will be completely different. Looking for 8-850 on "low" boost and then 12-1300 on kill (when supporting mods are completed).

Users who are viewing this thread