15 GT & SRT10 Ram

sniper85

Established Member
Finally got some free time after working a couple of weeks straight. I've been driving the Stang lately. I missed it after being 3 weeks in the shop. I got home early and was pumped after passing my statistics quiz. It was about 1130pm the wife and kids were asleep and I was about to jump in the GT for a quick cruise. I walked past the Jeep and thought it has been sitting for about 3-4 weeks untouched. So, I said what the hell and jumped in.

I was getting on 35 South and seen a black 15 5.0 pretty sure it was a PP, but it was dark. Pulled up next to the stang and we exchanged thumbs up. We nodded to each other and I counted off to 3. It was a manual for sure. I could tell the way it jumped when they down shifted. Anyways, of course my Jeep is auto so I pulled about half a car at first and held it down. We went from 45 and once I hit 60 I was gone. Shut down around 125 and had about 3 cars. We waved off and headed our separate ways.

Afterwards, I was heading North on 35 and pulled behind a red SRT Ram. I toyed with him a little hoping you would gun it. I pulled next to him and we both took off. I immediately pulled on him hard. So, I assumed he had missed. We did 3 more rolls from about 40. He immediately pulled a fender on me each time and I would gradually pull him in. Once I hit 60 I would have about half a fender on him and continued to pull but we had to shut down due to traffic. I was really impressed with how this guy shifted. Once he started shifting there was no stopping that truck. Some of the best shifting I've ever seen. We then exchange the 12 year old "f*** yeah" and thumbs up and he split off.

Always nice to race car guys/girls we don't get butt hurt and just having some fun. Mods on the Jeep are off road headers and magnaflow exhaust. Lowered 2ins.

Last edited:

SD_GT

Reformed 5.bro
Established Member
I'm assuming your Jeep's an SRT-8 so is it the new gen or the old gen? Didn't realize they were that quick from a roll. I've seen an HR Z take one out from various roll speeds. I know they run like a bat out of hell from a dig though.

sniper85

Established Member
It's a new gen. 2014 SRT 8. I think with the mustang I really just beat the driver. We were only able to make one clean pass. With the Ram I was positive he had me but I was very pleased how I hung in there. Of course the exhaust mods helps. It helps more than what some make it out to be. From a dig it is a monster. However, depending on when I take off from a roll (just like any vehicle) can hurt me. If I start from anywhere under 50 it will pull much harder. And of course having it in track mode helps. Even with Track mode on it turns the traction control off but I still have 30% of the power to the front wheels and 70% to the rear, so I get absolutely no wheel spin. I believe the Ram is just RWD.

Users who are viewing this thread