15" Racestars, fitment?

Mr.Venom

Quick with Boltons
Established Member
This isn't a question "if" a 15 inch wheel will fit, I know it requires grinding and possibly a spacer, etc.

My question is more directed at who actually HAS made a 15x8 or 15x10 race star fit with IRS? Just looking for some tips and personal experience. Preferably if you've made this wheel work. I already purchased 17x4.5 racestar skinnies and want matching rears. So before I pull the trigger, I'd like a bit more homework done.

And yes, I have searched, high and low for answers. :lol1:

rudycobra

Established Member
15 x 8 would probably b a Lil easier depending on back space . I have 15x10 and takes alot of grinding . My Bango bolt is ground to nothing . Installed Russell brake lines had to grind on it Lil too . I got ftbr toe links because tool less grinding that stock tie rods . A pretty good piece has to b grinded of knuckle to . Will look for pics but not sure if still have them . I posted done in another thread while back

Cobra03SC

Established Member
They will fit with the low profile irs bolt and some grinding. Had them on my cobra for a while. I swapped to SRA and used my same brakes so the fitment was the same. I have 15x10s. Also you may want to buy a pair of extra banjo bolts just in case u go too far. I did the first time and had a very small leak. 2nd go around no leaks for the last 4 ish years.

Last edited:

Mr.Venom

Quick with Boltons
Established Member
They will fit with the low profile irs bolt and some grinding. Had them on my cobra for a while. I swapped to SRA and used my same brakes so the fitment was the same. I have 15x10s. Also you may want to buy a pair of extra banjo bolts just in case u go too far. I did the first time and had a very small leak. 2nd go around no leaks for the last 4 ish years.

15x10 with the 6.5" BS correct? Any pics of what you grinded and how it fits on the car now?

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member

That's it

f068001d.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Users who are viewing this thread