15x10 TF Wheels anyone use them?

Cali03Cobra

Established Member
So I'm looking to use so 15x10 TF wheels in the rear. Steve is not sure if the rims will clear the breaks.

we need someone to measure the radius of the GT Brakes. My car has a 99-04 SRA and gt breaks. I have had 15's on the car but the barrels for the TF are different so I need to make sure they fit before I order them. in the ID of the TF 15" wheels is very small, 13.220" ID

If someone could do this I would really appreciate it as I am stationed in Korea right now and do not have access to my car its in Florida. But I am trying to get some parts setup before I get back in 9 more months.

Last edited:

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
A 15" diameter rim will not fit over the brakes, NOR will it fit over the IRS spindle and tie rod. Weld Racings RTS wheels are the only 15" wheel that will fit over the rear Cobra brakes, but again there's no room for them to clear the spindle and tie rod without grinding a lot of the spindle off.

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
My 15x10 race stars clear my cobra brakes on my Mach 1 sra all I needed was mm brake lines
f068001d.jpg

Stock lines
e97fa5f3.jpg

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
You would have to talk to Steve about his barrel design then. I'm sure they would clear the brakes in that case but it's hard to say. Order one and put it on and find out. If not, send it back.

Cali03Cobra

Established Member
common guys I'm trying to order soon. If I dont figure this out I am going to have to go with alumistars or weld rts rims but I want something different.

myslowstang

Established Member
I have GT brakes and still couldn't fit 15" rims to fit. They won't clear the IRS even with grinding. You'd have to swap to a SRA to get the 15" rims to fit.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
OP is in the military and overseas currently which is why he's asking if anyone can measure for him.

are terminator rear brakes the same size as GT rear brakes? if not, then he's probably asking in the wrong location as im sure most people here have cobra brakes still on the rear.

the measurement is pretty simple. just measure from the radius from the center of the hub to the outer edge of the caliper.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
OP is in the military and overseas currently which is why he's asking if anyone can measure for him.

are terminator rear brakes the same size as GT rear brakes? if not, then he's probably asking in the wrong location as im sure most people here have cobra brakes still on the rear.

the measurement is pretty simple. just measure from the radius from the center of the hub to the outer edge of the caliper.

GT brakes are smaller Steve

douchebaggery brought to you by tapatwat

myslowstang

Established Member
The 15" rims are not gonna fit with the IRS even if you try to grind shit down. You need 16" rims. I know it's not what you wanna hear but you can find some old 16x8" factory mustang rims for cheap.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
The 15" rims are not gonna fit with the IRS even if you try to grind shit down. You need 16" rims. I know it's not what you wanna hear but you can find some old 16x8" factory mustang rims for cheap.

Did ANYONE read his ****ing original post? He HAS A GT SRA WITH GT BRAKES

douchebaggery brought to you by tapatwat

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
The 15" rims are not gonna fit with the IRS even if you try to grind shit down.

That's weird because I have 15" rims on BOTH of my IRS Cobras.

OP, SRA with GT brakes should fit just fine. Worst come to worst you send the wheel back. I know with our Weld RTS wheels which are specially designed to clear OEM LS1 and GT brakes there is no issue. As for TF's I don't know. Like I said, order one and find out.

Cali03Cobra

Established Member
Steve said the barrel he uses have very low clearance for brakes. Thats why I need someone to measure it. I don't want to waist my time and money getting them sent and them not fit. I already have a set of 15'' bogarts on the car but I want a set of street rims.

myslowstang

Established Member
That's weird because I have 15" rims on BOTH of my IRS Cobras.

OP, SRA with GT brakes should fit just fine. Worst come to worst you send the wheel back. I know with our Weld RTS wheels which are specially designed to clear OEM LS1 and GT brakes there is no issue. As for TF's I don't know. Like I said, order one and find out.
What rims? How did you get them to fit? I tried for hours and hours to get some 15" rims on my Cobra with the IRS. I couldn't get them to fit even with the grinding and wheel spacers.

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
common guys this isnt a does a 15" wheel fit on an irs thread their are 100's of those already...

no one knows you're the first person in the world to do this, shut the **** up and buy the wheels and see if they fit and if they don't then we'll all know.

Users who are viewing this thread