15X8 racestar sticking out?

20redfire03

Established Member
I test fit one of my 15x8 racestars with a 275/50/15 MT ET Street and it stuck out past the fender, enough to hold my phone flush against the car and sit on the tire. With my 20s the rim/tire is flush with the fender or in a little bit.

Is this normal for racestars? Kinda wish I had spent the extra money some rims with a better offset but I doubt I am the first to have this problem. Should this cause any problems?

Thanks

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
On Racestars the 8" & 10" have the same outside offset. The 5.5" backspace of the 8" (compared to the 7.5" on the 10") moves the center of the tire 1" further out. The rim doesn't stick out, but the tire bulge does. A 275/50/15 needs a 10" rim to get full contact patch on the pavement, and a 10" Racestar looks much better then the 8's

Last edited:

SCalla1384

Established Member
Yeah my 15x8 racestar stuck out. Lowered on bmr springs, I bottomed out and cracked the paint on both quarters. I do not recommend the 8" wheels to anyone.

20redfire03

Established Member
Yea I'm thinking I want to do 15x10s now. Live and learn. Will sway bar relocation brackets work with my lca relocations brackets? Or is there a specific sway I could use to not need the sway bar relocation?

Torchy

Established Member
Yea I'm thinking I want to do 15x10s now. Live and learn. Will sway bar relocation brackets work with my lca relocations brackets? Or is there a specific sway I could use to not need the sway bar relocation?

You need to look and see if your LCA relos have a relief in them for sway bar relos. If you told us when you bought your LCA relos, who from and what brand then we'll know, of a pic of them.

Torchy

Established Member
This is the relief you can barely see. Looks like a half moon shape cut out of the outer-back area of the LCA relo. If you have the half moon your good.

BAF394D1-1F89-4F35-B449-992F49FB8BD4_zpsxdeqymzq.png

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
Direct drill RaceStars are 5 1/4 bs on 15x8's and 7 1/4 on 15x10's. Surely some of what you're seeing.

20redfire03

Established Member
Well I bought the 15x10s and a sway bar relocation kit. Should've have it all tomorrow. Then I'll need to get the kit installed and tires switched over. Anyone need some 15x8s? Pretty sure I can sell those to so one local to avoid shipping. Any drawsbacks to running sway bar relocation kit besides cutting the mount off? Is it better to just run a sway bar that doesn't need the tabs cut? If not I'll just use plenty of loctite.

Users who are viewing this thread