16 Mustang GT TVS A6 vs GTR

cmsnake

Established Member
Headed home from the office last night and happen to be behind a blacked out lowered GTR with exhaust.

He proceeds to floor it on the on ramp (which I hate) before he has to merge with traffic. Rolling down the interstate in traffic he see's a slight window and floors it to get around a semi knowing a 2nd car wouldn't have room to make it with him.

About another half mile I am able to get next to him, me in left lane, him in right. I rolled passenger window down and gave him a thumbs up trying to be cool but he looks at me and waives his finger at me like a kid and mouths the words "dont even try, more hp". I knew this dude was a pure asshat at this point. So I threw my hands up like "well IDK" and I pointed forward for him to go because we have about a 1/4 mile in front to go before traffic. I paddled down to 2nd gear at approx 55mph, he signals for me to go...I floor it and spin (kinda cold out last night on summer rubber), let out and paddle to 3rd and proceeded to pull GODZILLA from 60-120ish before we come up on traffic...all the while I hear his loud ass exhaust behind me. Mind you my car has a TVS with 82mm pulley through factory mufflers and a closed airbox so there is no s/c whine or exhaust tone, super quite. He faded back and gets behind a semi doing 60mph and will NOT come up next to me.

I called a my brother to tell him the good news and turns out he knew exactly who this guy was, blacked out GTR with loud exhaust who floors it everywhere around town. I called another buddy who runs a boat dealer off a crowded road of the same interstate where this took place and he says he goes wide open by his shop once a week. Same guy and car description.

Stang Lover

Established Member
Nice kill on the cocky guy. I thought it was a white GTR for second when I looked at your location. My buddy drives like that in his GTR.

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
how many cars did you pull? glad you shut a cocky driver up, hate them in any make and model

cmsnake

Established Member
good kill, but the story I'd rate a 6/10.
Humbling a cocky godzilla only gets me 6/10?!

Love killing the cocky ones.
No doubt, makes it a bit sweeter.

Nice kill on the cocky guy. I thought it was a white GTR for second when I looked at your location. My buddy drives like that in his GTR.
I'd love to run another one for fun. I will get owned by one sooner or later.

Good run. fbo/tuned gtr?
Not sure of mods, but I poked around some local forums and some said this guy has refused any challenges and claims 1000hp lol.

how many cars did you pull? glad you shut a cocky driver up, hate them in any make and model
As much as I could tell approx 1/2 car. Was really paying attention to traffic in front of me. I don't hate anything, just cocky asswipes.

svt1111

Established Member
Great story and good kill! your car is beautiful and setup nice.

Does the tranny with the TVS retain the stock "sport" and "sport plus" modes?

Users who are viewing this thread