17 zl1 auto vs hellcat auto both stock

CGLhawk260

Established Member
Is it true you have tune out the torque management in order to break 11.2 in the quarter mile? I heard switching to DRs and track/prep conditions is not increasing track times because of the built in torque management,

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
That ZL1 is one bad ass all around car!
As far as the torque management in the tun..... I can tell you my SS Sedan has a ton of torque management in the tune for each full throttle up shift. Guys are picking up nearly .5 with a tune mainly dumping TM and quickening the shifts. I would imagine that would be true in the A10 ZL1 then too.

2011fiveliter

Established Member
Is it true you have tune out the torque management in order to break 11.2 in the quarter mile? I heard switching to DRs and track/prep conditions is not increasing track times because of the built in torque management,
If you are referi g to hellcat. That would be false. My very 1st pass in my hellcat. I went 10.90@130. With DR's only. So the cars will run 10's with no tweeking of tq management.

Kewlv8

Established Member
If you are referi g to hellcat. That would be false. My very 1st pass in my hellcat. I went 10.90@130. With DR's only. So the cars will run 10's with no tweeking of tq management.

No, he is talking about the Camaro. Torq Mgmt seems to be a standard feature.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
No, he is talking about the Camaro. Torq Mgmt seems to be a standard feature.
Pretty sure both makers have some type of Torque Management. I remember reading a while back that Charger’s needed to get tuned to get rid of the TM as well or pull a fuse. Then you guys also have the issue with the ESP only turning off 80% of the TC. Not sure if this affects the Hellcat though

I know on my brothers Vette, after he got the tune, the shifts felt harder and the car felt like a different animal.

Users who are viewing this thread