(18" 2000) Cobra R rims, what lugnuts?( very tight fit)

Cobra8urZ06

Established Member
I want to run (18" 2000) Cobra R rims on my 03. I have the rims, but the factory lugs won't work with the rims as I can't get the socket on the lug as the socket wall is too thick.

I need a a lugnut with like a key on the end of it as I can't get the socket on. What did everyone else use for lugnuts?

pic of the rim.
1_CobraWheelsm.JPG

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I want to run Cobra R rims on my 03. I have the rims, but the factory lugs won't work with the rims as I can't get the socket on the lug as the socket wall is too thick.

I need a a lugnut with like a key on the end of it as I can't get the socket on. What did everyone else use for lugnuts?

pic of the rim.
1_CobraWheelsm.JPG

I use 95 Cobra R rims for track rims but I believe a spark plug socket( what I use when there is a tight clearance) or just a plain thin wall deep 13/64 socket should do the trick.

Impact sockets are way thick, I hand loosen with the thin wall and zing em the rest of the way off with the air wrench.:beer:

Cobra8urZ06

Established Member
Thin wall socket is still too thick to fit between the lugnut and the sidewall inside the lugnut hole of the rim.

for those running this rim, what lugnut did you go with?

Users who are viewing this thread