19" wheels? Will they fit?

Mark99GT

Established Member
Anyone running 19 inch wheels? What has your experience been driving and fitment wise? I found some I really like, but wasn't planning on going that large originally. I was going to stick with 18; some 19s look great on these cars, some don't.

I'm looking at 19x11 et20 295/30/19 rears and 19x9.5 et25 front 245/35/19. Seems like they'll be a tight fit, but will make it. Think they'll fit without rolling the fenders?

robvas

Established Member
Of course they will fit, tires are just crazy expensive. (Not that 18's are cheap)

I couldn't put a 245 on a 9.5 though, would go at least a 265

Mark99GT

Established Member
Of course they will fit, tires are just crazy expensive. (Not that 18's are cheap)

I couldn't put a 245 on a 9.5 though, would go at least a 265
These are used wheels that come with new tires, so I'm ok with the tire size though I agree 245 is a narrow on a 9.5" wheel. Might help with fender clearance though. I drive the car maybe 2-3k miles a year, so not too worried about blowing through tires cost-wise.

I don't think they'll fit though, without rolling the fenders and quarters, which kinda sucks. Anyone have experience with an 11" wide wheel and et 20 in the rear?Backspacing calculates to 6.78", so 1.1" more than stock. Poke calculates to 1.90" more than stock. These are coming off an 03 Cobra w/IRS.

Additionally, the car is going to be lowered with H&R SS springs, I left that out of my OP.

Side question--my H&R SS springs literally just got delivered. I ordered 51658-77, which is the PN on the box, but the actual springs are painted with number 51651-77 which looks like the PN for a 94-95 mustang. Do I have an issue here?

Mark99GT

Established Member
Wheels came today, gotta clean them up a bit but they look awesome! BC Forged MLE81s 19x9.5et25 and 19x11et20. I did a lot of googling and asked around and these should fit without modification and be flush. Here are the fronts (9.5" with the 245 is a little stretched, but looks fine to me):

Front.jpg

Front 2.jpg

And here are the rears:

Rear 4.jpg
Rear 2.jpg

Got MM adjustable LCAs, CC plates, H&R SS springs, and Koni yellows to install with them. I post up some more pics and details of how they fit when it's all installed.

Mark99GT

Established Member
Got the wheels on for a test fit. Rears look really good and are flush. Might have to roll the quarter panels. Fronts are interesting, they seem to stick out past the fender a touch, it's super close. I think with some negative camber they'll pull in and look flush. Here's a side view:
side view.png

Here's the 17 vs 19. I think they don't look too much different size-wise because of the design. Definitely like the 19 though.
17 vs 19 wheels#2.png

Here's with both wheels on. Gotta get it lowered now, the 4x4 look is insanely bad, especially the front. It looks even worse in person, lol.
both wheels on#2.png

I took it for a test ride, and there was no rubbing that I noticed at stock ride height. I'll post some more pics when it's lowered.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Those wheels look sick. Did you find out if the springs you got were correct or not? I ordered the same part # for my convertible and also received the same different # for coupes. I read a decade+ old thread with someone having the same issue, I just don’t see why they offer a unique part number for convertibles if they give you the same springs regardless

Mark99GT

Established Member
Those wheels look sick. Did you find out if the springs you got were correct or not? I ordered the same part # for my convertible and also received the same different # for coupes. I read a decade+ old thread with someone having the same issue, I just don’t see why they offer a unique part number for convertibles if they give you the same springs regardless
Thanks, yeah I like these wheels a lot. They seem very light weight too, for the size.

I called tirerack, where I got the springs from, and they confirmed they're the correct springs. The way H&R uses part numbers is weird I guess. But, I installed them and really like them so far. Not as harsh as I was expecting and gets rid of that ridiculous monster truck lift look. My wife even said she thought it rode smoother than stock.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Thanks, yeah I like these wheels a lot. They seem very light weight too, for the size.

I called tirerack, where I got the springs from, and they confirmed they're the correct springs. The way H&R uses part numbers is weird I guess. But, I installed them and really like them so far. Not as harsh as I was expecting and gets rid of that ridiculous monster truck lift look. My wife even said she thought it rode smoother than stock.
Nice! I’m hopefully installing mine today at work. Can you post some pics with yours on those wheels?

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I run H&R SS springs out back. I used to run all 4 but now I have coilovers up front. I always thought the ride was better than stock with the SS springs.

Mark99GT

Established Member
Nice! I’m hopefully installing mine today at work. Can you post some pics with yours on those wheels?
This thread I made has a few pics in post #1

What struts/shocks are you using?

Mark99GT

Established Member
I run H&R SS springs out back. I used to run all 4 but now I have coilovers up front. I always thought the ride was better than stock with the SS springs.
I'll probably end up with this set up at some point, if/when I do a MM k member. Adjustability is nice.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
This thread I made has a few pics in post #1

What struts/shocks are you using?
I went with Koni Orange shocks and struts and just installed everything today. After reading through your other post, mine also sits up higher on the passenger rear, but I’m still on the crappy stock control arms for now. My car overall sits up a lot higher than I’d hoped it would though. I needed the struts replaced, but the whole reason I went with H&Rs is because I never liked how tall it still sat with the Eibach pro-kits that have been on it for 20 years now, but I feel like these are only noticeably lower in the front. Here’s a pic I snapped before I left it at work earlier
4E93ACA8-6C1F-4D4B-A0EA-B071EDB3117F.jpeg

robvas

Established Member
Assuming you don't have isolators on the springs, if you want it a little lower you can always trim the springs

Mark99GT

Established Member
I went with Koni Orange shocks and struts and just installed everything today. After reading through your other post, mine also sits up higher on the passenger rear, but I’m still on the crappy stock control arms for now. My car overall sits up a lot higher than I’d hoped it would though. I needed the struts replaced, but the whole reason I went with H&Rs is because I never liked how tall it still sat with the Eibach pro-kits that have been on it for 20 years now, but I feel like these are only noticeably lower in the front. Here’s a pic I snapped before I left it at work earlierView attachment 1794444
I think it looks great. Has a nice slightly raked look. But I understand being disappointed if it didn't provide the drop/look you were expecting. Did you happen to measure before/after?

Also, I'm curious what your side to side ride height difference is in the rear. Maybe these cars are just off a little sometimes. Particularly with the verts more flimsy body--maybe it twists a little over time.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
I think it looks great. Has a nice slightly raked look. But I understand being disappointed if it didn't provide the drop/look you were expecting. Did you happen to measure before/after?

Also, I'm curious what your side to side ride height difference is in the rear. Maybe these cars are just off a little sometimes. Particularly with the verts more flimsy body--maybe it twists a little over time.
I didn’t get a before measurement unfortunately, but I just got back to work and from the middle of the wheel arch to the ground, the driver side is just a hair under 27” tall while the passenger side is right at 27 1/4” tall

Users who are viewing this thread