1966 F100 450/510 Raptor Crate Engine 10R80

EcoBoostF100

EcoBoosted F100
Established Member
Interesting build with fab work, but that 3.5 ecoboost itself is just such a nightmare engine. It’s a novel idea, just wish it was a better design.
Now, had you installed a 7.3 Godzilla, a blower, or even a diesel, I would be MUCH more interested.
Only nightmare this engine is is to your lightning. Another one of those no nothing types . . Name me a SINGLE new crate engine that will make this much power and last this long for the same $$.

EcoBoostF100

EcoBoosted F100
Established Member
Many many reasons I chose this engine over any other. I feel no need to have to explain. If ya don't like it so be it. I built it for ME. No need to come on here and bash the ecoboost. Plenty of posts to do that on.

Over-Rev

I am in the process of the same type of build using a 65 F100 style side and Roadster shop Chassis, I have a 2018 Eco Boost Turn key Crate engine with the 6R80E.

Was looking through your post and was curious about the trans tunnel, & Lower Firewall ? Any mods done?
Good Idea on the P/S pump . On a few coyote swaps I've done I used electric pumps hidden and may consider it with this build, still debating.

EcoBoostF100

EcoBoosted F100
Established Member
I am in the process of the same type of build using a 65 F100 style side and Roadster shop Chassis, I have a 2018 Eco Boost Turn key Crate engine with the 6R80E.

Was looking through your post and was curious about the trans tunnel, & Lower Firewall ? Any mods done?
Good Idea on the P/S pump . On a few coyote swaps I've done I used electric pumps hidden and may consider it with this build, still debating.
Zero mods to firewall or tunnel, cab or frame! I have used the 6R80's in other truck builds and they are much much smaller. If your engine is a 2018 how do you plan on getting the 6R80 to work? Sounds like a cool project. Do you have the build posted anywhere?
I currently have (3) 3.5 ecobuilds and a 2.7 ecobuild going on right now.

EcoBoostF100

EcoBoosted F100
Established Member
Clean build.
Thanks much! Truck has been doing quite well. 5200 mi so far. This week I am adding a few things finishing up a few items for the trip to Fabulous Ford show this coming weekend. It will be about a 1000 mile round trip. Plan is to do entire route on one fill of fuel.

Over-Rev

Zero mods to firewall or tunnel, cab or frame! I have used the 6R80's in other truck builds and they are much much smaller. If your engine is a 2018 how do you plan on getting the 6R80 to work? Sounds like a cool project. Do you have the build posted anywhere?
I currently have (3) 3.5 ecobuilds and a 2.7 ecobuild going on right now.
Ah, Thanks , With my Roadster Shop chassis It's resting Higher on my fire wall, Or the cab is mounted lower on the chassis, Im Fabricating a new tunnel as we speak.

The Crate set up I got comes as a turn key pallet with trans mounted, Add Battery and drop Fuel pump in gas and starts right up on pallet. Its actually a 2014 3.5TT-6R80 with 52K miles . I'll post pics once I figure it out

EcoBoostF100

EcoBoosted F100
Established Member
Ah, Thanks , With my Roadster Shop chassis It's resting Higher on my fire wall, Or the cab is mounted lower on the chassis, Im Fabricating a new tunnel as we speak.

The Crate set up I got comes as a turn key pallet with trans mounted, Add Battery and drop Fuel pump in gas and starts right up on pallet. Its actually a 2014 3.5TT-6R80 with 52K miles . I'll post pics once I figure it out
Sounds fun!

EcoBoostF100

EcoBoosted F100
Established Member
^ Good deal, thanks. Sounded interesting… I have a 68 390 fastback that could have possibly been a good home :)
I have a 390 GT engine from a 1969 Mach 1
Std bore. Enginehad never been apart before until now.
Just finished up on a ‘68 390.

68gtscode

Established Member
I have a 390 GT engine from a 1969 Mach 1
Std bore. Enginehad never been apart before until now.
Just finished up on a ‘68 390.
Nice! Sounds like you have a lot of great projects. My car still has the original 390. I’ll probably put a 428 or 427 in it at some point. I want to keep it “period correct” for the most part.

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
I would drive the ever living shit out of that truck. Have a 7.3 Godzilla now and love it, also have a 3.5 eco and love that. Different engines entirely. I will say I hadn’t driven a NA vehicle for a while and it took some getting used to :ROFLMAO: I do love boost. This is a grade A build for sure

EcoBoostF100

EcoBoosted F100
Established Member
I would drive the ever living shit out of that truck. Have a 7.3 Godzilla now and love it, also have a 3.5 eco and love that. Different engines entirely. I will say I hadn’t driven a NA vehicle for a while and it took some getting used to :ROFLMAO: I do love boost. This is a grade A build for sure
Thanks! The 7.3 swap is one I want to do but too pricey. At 3980 lb and the 600+ hp and 650 tq to tire it’s quite fun!
Prepping it this week for a leisurely 1000 mi trip coming up.

EcoBoostF100

EcoBoosted F100
Established Member
Made the trip to Fab Fords Forever show at Irwindale Raceway last weekend.
On way to CA cruising 75-80 mph got caught in heavy headwinds. MPG really suffered with only 19.5 mpg. Goal was to go from AZ to Southern CA, do some site seeing 135 mi then drive back home on a single fuel fill! Why? Just because.

On way home i knew it would be close to slowed speed down to 65 mph and was rewarded with 24.8 mpg with a hopped up Raptor engine! Average round trip 22.0 mpg. 860 miles on 39 gallons.

Truck ran/drove fantastic.
If i got a buck for each thumbs up it would have paid for fuel.

ADB3C515-58A1-4291-914C-61EEFB47CF1E.jpeg
19CE22DA-2054-40AE-8680-02CA859205E2.jpeg
B1D1A4DC-FDFA-4E10-9306-6439195F9985.jpeg
9F17329D-A85C-4033-A780-A3FF3CFB3998.jpeg

EcoBoostF100

EcoBoosted F100
Established Member
I have always been curious how my truck would compare vs a Tesla non plaid of course.

Well in last week got to find out vs 2 different ones. Lets just say the results were NOT in favor of both teslas. Today a friend stopped by that had not driven truck with current setup.
Him behind wheel i was telling him story about a prior tesla encounter and while telling we see this tesla pull from side road behind us. And of course they got on it pretty hard and were on our tail. Couple probably mid 50’s. Mile later there was a long passing zone and as they pulled out to pass friend says should i? I nodded. 45-110 came pretty quickly and i was thinking truck didn’t drop many gears from 9th. After run friend says “oh i was not close to floor only stepped on it hard enough to stay ahead”

He said in mirror the guy just thru up his arms like what just happened then gave thumbs up.

Next stoplight 3-4 miles ahead i hopped out to see what they had to say. They were both laughing hysterically. Asking what was up with that thing. I then said 57 yr old truck with a 6 cyl and that was part throttle! Light turned green i ran back to truck. We made it thru light but a couple cars got left there.

Both teslas had the Dual Motor with line below indicating Performance

Looking it up they run 11.50 to 11:80 around 112-114 mph in 1/4 mi.

Makes me want to take truck to track now..

Users who are viewing this thread