1966 Mustang A “Code” Fastback Shelby replica GT-350H

yzracer931

Established Member
WTT/SELL 1966 Mustang A “Code” Fastback Shelby replica GT-350H

Street Legal , Open Track ready.
The exterior is black with gold Lemans stripes. It has the 1966 Shelby side scoops and quarter windows, Shelby hood, Shelby R model front racing apron and the interior has the ”R” model 4 point roll bar, Recaro seats, racing harness, R-model CS Shelby gauges, cost ($809.95). Radio delete plate, heater delete, Dash pad delete, LaCarra wood steering wheel and R model package tray.
The engine is a 302 that was professionally built with a Mexican 302 block with the better main caps like the 289 hp block has. The engine has a Nitrated crank with Manley rods, TFS aluminum heads, roller rockers, Dura spark distributor, MSD6AL box, canton road race oil pan, over size griffin aluminum radiator, original export brace, Hi-Po harmonic balancer, Hi-Po alternator pulley, remote oil filter and oil cooler, Ford Motorsport polished valve covers with catch cans for racing. Carburetor is a Holley 650 cfm double pumper that I reworked for road racing and it also has a manual fuel pump with stainless steel line. It also has Hooker headers with X pipe and flow Master mufflers and the pipes that are turned down just before the rear end. The engine horse power is estimated at 425hp.
The drive-train has the 4 speed close ratio top loader transmission with Hurst shifter. The rear end is the original Shelby 9 inch housing which was up graded with 4:11 traction lock and wired drain plug and filler plugs for racing. Also the axles were up graded to longer studs. The front brakes are Shelby/ Ford disc-brakes with Porterfield pads and all braided lines. The suspension is equipped with Koni shocks, Shelby under ride traction bars, intensive custom mods on front suspension, quick ratio steering gear box, reinforced lower control arms, lowered upper control arms ( Shelby 1 inch) and 650lbs front springs. The wheels that come with the car are the American racing 200RS 15X7. The tires are BFGoodrich T/A radials and have less than 100 miles on them. I do have a set of 1965 Shelby wheels that are new, cost ($395.00) each which can be bought for 300.00 each, total $1200.00. I also have a set of original early R model torque thrust D’s 15X7 for 800.00 or a new set for $756.00.
This is a CA. car and original A code that is very solid with NO replacement floor pans, quarter panels, doors, fenders and has NOT been wrecked. It is very fast and handles Great!! It will make a great car to drive in NASA time trials or take it racing or open track with the Shelby clubs and Mustang clubs. The paint is no longer perfect, but if it was perfect then you could not drive it and have fun!! I sold this car in 2002 and it was not used, I have an hour meter under the hood and it had 121 hours on it in 2002 and it now has 133. 12 hours was put on it since 2002 and three hours of the 12 I have put on it since I got it back.
Vin: 6R09A220469

I will entertrain trades for:
GT500
Boss
C5Z
C6
I also have an 88 supercharged saleen I could add to the deal.

Last edited:

flS/R

Established Member
There is something wrong with this thread.

is it that the A-code did not come originally equipped with a 9 inch rear end? :shrug: Those were installed on the K-code cars instead

other than that, the car sounds interesting enough to warrant pictures

yzracer931

Established Member
DSC03432.jpg

03.jpg

02.jpg

yzracer931

Established Member
Hertz cars were automatics. Used to own one SFM6S1614 came from Atlanta Hertz.

Not all of the Gt350H were equipped with an automatic transmission. About 100 cars were delivered with the 4 speed. A San Francisco Hertz dealer complained about drivers burning the clutches in the vehicles, it was then decided that the rest of the mustangs would come with the automatic.

Users who are viewing this thread