1969 Camaro Restomod Project Thread

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Well it's getting driven tomorrow. Dropped gate spring to 6psi. Try to keep traction this time.

Maybe some vids if I get GoPro charged!

Took me 17 minutes to swap gate springs. I'm happy with that.

Blue Blitz

Established Member
I'll bump this up a bit. Been chasing some gremlins out of it and putting some miles. Maybe 200-250miles on it now. No major issues aside from leaks here and there and ds was too long.

Car ran well enough to shut down a c6 grand sport with a blower (stated 615rwhp through auto).

Still working to get glass in the car and get interior finished up.

Attachments

• IMG_1815.PNG
    IMG_1815.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 337
  • IMG_1871.JPG
    IMG_1871.JPG
    190 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_1317.JPG
    IMG_1317.JPG
    174.6 KB · Views: 292

gofast15

Established Member
Pretty nuts , awesome project . Looking at pictures from TXtK19 on my phone I'm pretty sure that was your car . I've talked to you for a while at gas station

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Awesome thanks for the pics. Definitely mine :)

Can see that ugly AC compressor clutch in that photo! Whoops. I hope to be completing the AC this summer so that will have a nice cover like the rest of the pulleys.

gofast15

Established Member
Awesome thanks for the pics. Definitely mine :)

Can see that ugly AC compressor clutch in that photo! Whoops. I hope to be completing the AC this summer so that will have a nice cover like the rest of the pulleys.
No problem , it was nice talking to you . Still one of my favorite first gen . you did awesome job

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
What a great car.
I love me some pro-touring builds!! DSE for the win!

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
I loved reading through this thread! When I was in high school my dad had a 69 Z-28 rally sport that was jet black for the rally sport wheels. I love the sound of that little DZ302 when it hits 7000 RPM. That’s about the time the big red Camaro came out. I love seeing bills like this for people actually take them out and drive them, so awesome to see.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Blue Blitz

Established Member
I loved reading through this thread! When I was in high school my dad had a 69 Z-28 rally sport that was jet black for the rally sport wheels. I love the sound of that little DZ302 when it hits 7000 RPM. That’s about the time the big red Camaro came out. I love seeing bills like this for people actually take them out and drive them, so awesome to see.

Appreciate it man. I know big red all too well, been following them for years and had discussions with the team that built it. IMO it was the original pro-touring car, and doing things no one thought possible for first gens.

I drive mine as often as I can and put it to the test. Been failing a lot of those tests but that's part of finding issues in a build i guess!

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Like usual, enough wasn't enough. While the clutch is out and being diagnosed, i just ordered a fuel pump replacement for one of my V modules, that houses twin 525LPH Hellcat pumps. Ordering the lines and fittings to add this as my "secondary" pump setup. This should give me some breathing room on the power side, as i was losing fuel pressure in the pass above. This will be adding an extra 75% fuel flow and should allow me to get close to maxing out those ID1700x if the turbos are up for it. Just need the controller to ship, and a few small fittings.

a5hdwwv.png

Last edited:

Blue Blitz

Established Member
That is going to move some MONSTER fuel. Did you go with the Walboro (Hellcat) 285's or the 295's?

Yea it should, the CTSV modules move about 485lb/hr, These will do 600lb/hr each at the pressure i plan to run it up to!
I went with 285s as I need the check valve as it's a supplementary fuel supply and run in parallel.

Users who are viewing this thread