1985 GT build thread.

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
Jealous.... Enjoy! I'm expecting pictures of a painted bay when you return! :beer:

They are making progress.... I'm nervous, but I will save the story on why because I don't feel like typing a novel... but I'm nervous it won't be as perfect as I want it to be.

Sweet build. Pretty identical to what I would have in mind for my 85 if the money was in my pocket.

Thank you sir. Appreciated.

Well, while the car is away I decided to rearrange my garage and I couldn't resist buying some wheels.

So many of you know CobraTerritory, I saw on IG he was selling his RK's. I messaged him a few times a few months back and decided to pass. Well I decided to say screw it and just go for it. Each year at FFF I see M1Beast and we chat a bit, we keep in contact over social media through out the year as well and I know he lives in the same area. Turns out they know one another so I call in a favor and ask if he can drive the wheels down to FFF16 so I can pick them up. BTW if you ever have the chance to do business with either of these guys, great dudes!!!

Now on to the part everyone was waiting for... pics of my new wheels I don't have in my possession yet :whine:

IMG_4682_zpswdjup1dm.jpg

IMG_4691_zpsnzzv0jhc.jpg

IMG_4689_zpsyukuqeql.jpg

IMG_4685_zpstditogs6.jpg

IMG_4684_zpssxpl8bzl.jpg

IMG_4719_zpssavxzuzj.jpg

IMG_4720_zpsbr4npgx5.jpg

IMG_4724_zpst1mern4n.jpg

IMG_4723_zpsgq9nykyi.jpg

I ended up buying without tires since I need a little smaller tires to fit on my fox. I chose to go with these since they should match my molding trim color pretty nicely.

Now back to cleaning my garage.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I didn't realize you already bought the wheels. Does this mean you're not going to FFF in April with me?

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
I didn't realize you already bought the wheels. Does this mean you're not going to FFF in April with me?

I paid for them already, dont have them in my possession yet. M1Beast will be driving from the Bay area to FFF and I will pick them up from him there, if I dont make a roadtrip out there before then. Either way I still plan on making it out to FFF.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I paid for them already, dont have them in my possession yet. M1Beast will be driving from the Bay area to FFF and I will pick them up from him there, if I dont make a roadtrip out there before then. Either way I still plan on making it out to FFF.

Right on, I was going to be lonely without you.

streakmatt

Established Member
Progress is looking good man. Nice pick up on the RK's from JR. Hope to see your ride out at FFF. Hopefully my Fox will be done by April

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
Progress is looking good man. Nice pick up on the RK's from JR. Hope to see your ride out at FFF. Hopefully my Fox will be done by April

Thanks man! JR is a good guy to deal with, its been super easy transaction so far. My ride wont be at FFF this year, just not enough time. 2017 for sure though! I will be there as a spectator this year so I will keep an eye out for you I would love to see your beautiful car!

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
I couldn't stay away from the car and had to go see it one last time before I leave for vacation.... It should be 100% complete by the time I get back from Brazil.

Here is how it looks as of today.

IMG_4783_zpsz9kyybz5 by |SK Photography|, on Flickr

IMG_4784_zpsmmii9gpy by |SK Photography|, on Flickr
IMG_4785_zpsuv5rc2h8 by |SK Photography|, on Flickr
IMG_4787_zpsvl5jd5ax by |SK Photography|, on Flickr
IMG_4788_zps5qldwofc by |SK Photography|, on Flickr
IMG_4790_zpsteggylqg by |SK Photography|, on Flickr
IMG_4791_zpsib5ai8sx by |SK Photography|, on Flickr
IMG_4792_zpsudxjk35e by |SK Photography|, on Flickr
IMG_4793_zpsyqurxfms by |SK Photography|, on Flickr

This is where I beat in the strut tower to clearance for the booster, then cut the piece out and welded it back in recessed about a half inch.

IMG_4794_zpsr1f1imun by |SK Photography|, on Flickr
IMG_4796_zpsthyinguj by |SK Photography|, on Flickr
IMG_4797_zps12sd5qm4 by |SK Photography|, on Flickr
IMG_4798_zpszkm4joar by |SK Photography|, on Flickr

Here you can see where the clearance was made on the strut tower.

IMG_4800_zpsqwo3wget by |SK Photography|, on Flickr

IMG_4801_zps19j1ucel by |SK Photography|, on Flickr

IMG_4802_zpscqfsewim by |SK Photography|, on Flickr

IMG_4803_zpsl6p1ge3b by |SK Photography|, on Flickr
IMG_4804_zpshwfw1ztk by |SK Photography|, on Flickr

Needless to say I am getting very excited.

Last edited:

SHLBYLVR

Established Member
Look forward to your updates. Because of your build, I'll be upgrading my brakes and suspension. I'll be using North Racecars kit and MM suspension. Keep up the work!

Mike

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
Look forward to your updates. Because of your build, I'll be upgrading my brakes and suspension. I'll be using North Racecars kit and MM suspension. Keep up the work!

Mike

Thats awesome man, I am glad you are liking the build. Also glad I could be of some help to convince you to build your car as well. NRC and MM both are awesome. If you have any questions feel free to ask... One thing you will need is the brake line adapter in the rear that takes the hardline from the body to the banjo bolt style soft line that goes to the rear end. That was one of the more difficult pieces to source but they are certainly out there.

Users who are viewing this thread