1985 GT build thread.

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
Updates kinda slowed/stopped for a while but I'm ready to start working on her again. I was looking to do the fuel system with the stock tank sumped but have heard stories about people sloshing fuel and have to keep it above 1/2 tank so I decided I will be going with a Glenns performance aluminum sumped and baffled tank.

Anyone used one of these?

straightliner1

Established Member
I had one of the Glenn's sleeper tanks on a 91GT I built, but unfortunately never finished. Glenn is a nice guy and will assist with putting together whatever you need. The quality of his tanks, while a re-worked stock can, are top notch.

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
I had one of the Glenn's sleeper tanks on a 91GT I built, but unfortunately never finished. Glenn is a nice guy and will assist with putting together whatever you need. The quality of his tanks, while a re-worked stock can, are top notch.

I am looking at the all Aluminum with built in sump and internal baffles. I have heard good things but was curious about the sending unit if its accurate or not.

scottL

Established Member
I think you'd be good to go with Glenn's, plus he is located in AZ. I paid regular shipping for Glenn's fuel rails and they shipped in one day.
My buddy who gave you a ride that day you stopped by my house has Glenn's tank as well as fuel rails and he loves them.
Doesn't Genn's tank come with a Motorcraft 03/04 Cobra sender?

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
I think you'd be good to go with Glenn's, plus he is located in AZ. I paid regular shipping for Glenn's fuel rails and they shipped in one day.
My buddy who gave you a ride that day you stopped by my house has Glenn's tank as well as fuel rails and he loves them.
Doesn't Genn's tank come with a Motorcraft 03/04 Cobra sender?
They have a stealth kit that has the unit in it already but I'm going with the sumped one and using my a1000 pump.

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
Made some decent progress this weekend. I decided to fit the Maximum Motorsports 6pt. roll bar. This piece comes in 5 pieces, the main hoop, the rear braces and the door bars. I was able to get it fitted in, holes cut in the interior plastics. Now the bar is out and ready to go off to get the rear bars welded in and then off to powder coat.

IMG_3909_zpsrorf5mgt by |SK Photography|, on Flickr IMG_3959_zpsucoxbopv by |SK Photography|, on Flickr

Last edited:

MFE

Established Member
I like that MM's mounting pads are about 4x bigger than Autopwower's. I put plates under my AP bar that bend up and tie into that vertical part of the seat riser.

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
I like that MM's mounting pads are about 4x bigger than Autopwower's. I put plates under my AP bar that bend up and tie into that vertical part of the seat riser.

They have a plate that goes on the under side of the body as well. Really stout.

Absolutely gorgeous car. Keep moving along!

Thanks, appreciate it!

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
So I got my rear support bars welded into the main hoop last night.

The bars from MM are pre cut and has holes drilled for a bolt to go in hold these in place. Very nice pieces.

IMG_3176_zpsl00tmfj5 by |SK Photography|, on Flickr
IMG_7830_zps6jeana4l by |SK Photography|, on Flickr

I had the bars welded then put a metal piece in the bolt hole and had that welded as well.

IMG_8104_zpsprlxytmn by |SK Photography|, on Flickr IMG_8976_zpsit40cxcx by |SK Photography|, on Flickr IMG_1096_zpsqz0krehi by |SK Photography|, on Flickr IMG_1085_zpskr0ouwk4 by |SK Photography|, on Flickr IMG_3366_zpseogvl7l4 by |SK Photography|, on Flickr

Last edited:

josephcostello

Established Member
This is going to be such a beautiful car, makes me want a fox. Funny thing is I'm going to see J.R. (cobraterritory) tomorrow to buy some new edge bullitt/mach 1 sail panels off him, great guy. I saw the wheels before he sold them and I was super jealous! He also mentioned to me a buddy of his was going to meet a guy in Arizona to sell his wheels, small world.

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
This is going to be such a beautiful car, makes me want a fox. Funny thing is I'm going to see J.R. (cobraterritory) tomorrow to buy some new edge bullitt/mach 1 sail panels off him, great guy. I saw the wheels before he sold them and I was super jealous! He also mentioned to me a buddy of his was going to meet a guy in Arizona to sell his wheels, small world.

Thanks man, appreciate it!

Yeah J.R. and I still keep in touch, good dude for sure. Im heading out to Fab Fords Forever and he and I plan to meet up and have some drinks.

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
Just waiting on powder coat. Had a shop that did all my other parts and he stated he was running 2 shifts. Told me to swing by at 9:30 and 10:00 to drop off the roll bar, so I did.... He didn't mention they moved locations... I found the new location and still arrived before 10:00 however nobody was there. Upset me enough to say the hell with them.

Now I'm working with a different shop that will actually offer free pickup and delivery on orders over $250.

Now that I am having that taken care of I am having a guy come over to weld the torque arm to the sub frame connectors and to make this easy I got some new pieces... Race Ramps show stands.

IMG_1076_zpsrnzxitbx by |SK Photography|, on Flickr

I ordered 4, two of them came already and tomorrow the others will make it here. I should have the torque arm welded up by the first week in April and once that is done then I can put the interior back together and start working on the fuel and brake system.

Last edited:

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
Earlier last week the powder coaters dropped off the finished product and I was pleasantly pleased with the work they did. If anyone has been reading this thread its been one thing after another with workmanship I wasn't happy with.

I had some time to put everything in place and it all turned out great. I still need to mount the front door pads but I'm in the process of tweaking to make sure I have enough room for the door to shut and not rub against the bar.

04A67BD3-57CA-4DCF-BECF-76213210AE65_zpsa0x8izzm by |SK Photography|, on Flickr 9115F19B-BCFD-40E3-A03F-E085F1B75C17_zpsdnx4b3xp by |SK Photography|, on Flickr DE5D8D1A-764E-4ACB-94E6-6F42C4A26824_zps92vvidgc by |SK Photography|, on Flickr F59B7D2B-3291-4A41-A7DA-BA870B70B235_zpsbqu015nb by |SK Photography|, on Flickr 54220B81-EB67-4918-A5BA-831E0EF40D9D_zpsidckgdfh by |SK Photography|, on Flickr

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread