1990 5.0 Hatchback Shock question

xtremeskime21

Established Member
So I have a 90 foxbody with 49k mi on it completely stock. I drove it around the neighborhood a month ago and back it back in my driveway and let it sit for a second to let the kids out. Well I look at the back end and I see that it is sitting lop-sided. I check and it's about 2 inches different. I figure a spring broke so I park it and haven't gotten around to it. Well fast forward to yesterday when I get under the car and look, it seems to be sitting even now. No springs broke. It is however sitting at the same level as the lower side was. So....either I'm losing my mind.....or the shocks both lost gas pressure and I need new shocks in the rear. ? Right?:shrug:

wheelhopper

Established Member
It is probably a combination of the springs and shocks, since they are both around 24 years old. Get yourself a nice package deal and enjoy some great new handling. I would at a minimum do a slight upgrade and do the slightly stiffer/lower Ford Racing springs and some Tockico Blue struts/shocks. Make sure you get some new poly isolators as well.

xtremeskime21

Established Member
Thanks. Any special brand of poly isolators you would recommend? Or does that not really matter?

Fox 5.0

Established Member
Not saying they aren't great, but if you do replace the shocks/struts... just go Bilstein. I have the Tokico Blues and am unimpressed. I wish back in the day I spent the extra $200 or so to get the Bilsteins.

squeak93

Established Member
I've tan tokico blues and liked them for what they were.

That being said If you're wanting adjustability etc and budget isn't really am issue then notes the time to buy it correctly the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread