- 1990 Notch - Cheap

jliddle

Established Member
Alright yall,

Here is a some info on the car being completely honest.

Background: My truck decided to give some trouble back in December so I needed to find a new DD in about a weeks time. I saw the car sitting beside the road weeks prior, then called the guy up. I made a thread when I bought the car > My new Notch.

I gave $2000 for the car this past xmas. 1990 Original 5.0/Auto. It shows 7x,xxx miles I believe.

Cosmetic: When I ran the carfax it said it had been in a previous accident on the rear drivers side quarter panel. That repair is now cracking out, I had planned on fixing it, but with working fulltime and training for boot camp I have had limited time. Its not a major repair, just needs to be pulled out a bit more and re-worked.

The exterior is probably a 6/10. ONLY because of the finish of the paint itself. The previous owner had someone respray it. They used a single-stage paint which has now dulled out. I polished a little bit on one of the fenders and it shined up to a gloss surprisingly. There are some small dents here and there.

A good paint job and the exterior would be top notch.

I have gotten the windows tinted as well as tinted the tail lights.

Interior:

It has red and black interior. Prolly a 6/10 here too. Someone has swapped the original buckets for a pair of SN95 grey buckets w/ power drivers seat. The dash, console, speedo bezel has some cracks.

I bought some used OEM black door panels and armrests and installed them. Only thing the doors need to be all black is speaker grilles, drivers side armrest ( one I bought ended up being too fatigued ), handle bezels ( originals are cracked), pass side window switch.

Drivetrain:

Im assuming the motor is original. The only mod to the car is the previous owner had someone weld in a ghetto-ass h pipe and some flowmasters. Most likely still has the silencer in the airbox.

I have put a new alternator on about 3-4 months ago.

It starts up fine after cycling the fuel pump once ( turn key on, let pump run, turn key off, then start. ), I have read that could be the fuel pump itself getting weak. Doesnt leak any motor oil. Might burn a little but it is a high mileage car.

The trans does leak. I figure its the pan gasket, but havent had time to fix it. Shifts fine for an AOD.

It could use two new back tires as theyre mismatched sizes.

I also have a clutch/brake assembly that I bought as well to eventually swap a T-5. That will come with the car.

Thats about all I can think of off the top of my head. To be completely honest it needs work, I dont make the kind of money or have the time to mess with it anymore. It could be a drag/street car with some work.

I ship off to Parris Island around Nov. and I was going to try to get into a bike and enjoy it before I ship out. Also relieving me of storing two vehicles. Just a bike and a truck.

Price: 2500 OBO.

If you have any more questions just lmk.

Thanks

Here are the most recent pics I have, I will have it cleaned up tomorrow and take some more recent pics.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

jliddle

Established Member
aefc9476-8f1a-3a3f.jpg

aefc9476-8f32-e365.jpg

aefc9476-8f43-cb50.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread