1993 Cobra FS- oil change from Hell!!!!!!!

buddha93

Established Member
Ok, to make a long story short, I did an oil change on the Cobra this week. Unfortunately, when I did, the old filter o-ring stuck to the block and I didn't catch it. Fired it up, pulled it out of the garage only to see my oil pressure going whacko. Shut it off, but the damage is done. **** me.

So, here's what I have:

1993 Vibrant Red Cobra, #2364. I've had it for a little over 8 years now, kept in my garage and hasn't been rained on since I've had it. I've put about 4500 miles on it since owning it. It now has somewhere around 109k on it. 99% of those 4500 miles are on the 331 currently in the car which will be coming out. I've put all new leather interior in it, new carpet, door and sunroof seals, and all of the miscellaneous stuff. I'm currently putting in a new headliner with the correct vinyl material.........$60 a yard for this crap, but it's OEM. I'd give the interior a 9 out of 10 when the headliner is finished.

Then only thing that this car lacks is really nice paint. It's decent and presents well........it's a 20 footer. But really looking it over, it has some acid rain damage, the usual dings, etc. The entire front clip is not original due to a fender bender, but they are Ford parts. Everything else has VIN tags.

So, once the engine is pulled, I have the numbers matching drivetrain in the corner of the garge that can go back in, down to the OEM airbox and exhaust. The only thing the car will be lacking at that point is a new AC compresor........the one on the car blew a seal. It has two new BFG KDW's and I'll need to toss on another pair out back as they're wearing a set of worn out BFG drag radials.

Price is starting at $11,000. No trades. The car has numerous other mods that I will leave on the car, but I will have to be reasonably be compensated for them. I have no problems taking it off and keeping it for another project. Serious inquries, e-mail me direct for pictures. If it doesn't sell for what I want, then the 331 is going back in after a rebuild. Thanks!

Jason

[email protected]

buddha93

Established Member
Ok, just to clarify, I'm asking $11,000 for it fully operational with the original drivetrain. If it had the original ratted out interior, I'd be asking considerably less.

The extras would be:

Aeromotive fuel system
built rear-end
Fluidyne radiator
Flaming river shaft
Brand new AGR steering rack
Brand new MM clutch cable setup
Brand new MM caster/camber plates
Upper and lower control arms
Widened OEM wheels
Flowmaster catback

Probably some little stuff that I'm forgetting, but those are the main items I can think of. Like a lot of guys, I'm just tossing it out there to see if there's any interest. This is a really nice driver Cobra. You can hop in it and take it anywhere and not worry about it too much. I get compliments on the car all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread