1993 Cobra on autotrader

cobrkilrl

Established Member
Ok guy's and gal's, I found a 1993 cobra, red with white leather interior on autotrader. It is located not far from where I live. It has 98,000 miles, new tires, brakes, tuneup. The guy states it is in mint condition and garaged kept. He is asking 13,500 for it. I have shopped around and notice several 92, 93 models with less miles for less money. His asking price seems a little high to me. I am not new to mustangs, I have an 02 gt and 04 lightning. I am, however, new to cobra's. Would appreciate some feedback concerning the price and if this sounds like a good deal from the people who know. thanks

mofugr

BIG DADDY
Established Member
White leather was not an option that was offered from the factory on 1993 Cobra's. Check the VIN number it should start with 1FACP42D, if it doesn't start with that letter/number combination it's not a cobra.

mofugr

BIG DADDY
Established Member
I checked the listing on Autotrader, the interior is gray leather and not white. It has the proper VIN so it appears to be authentic. You really can't compare other model years or even '93 GT's to the cost of the 1993 Cobra, it's a totally different animal. These cars are collector automobiles and their value will not only be retained but should increase dramatically over the next ten years. The mileage is not extremely high considering the car is almost 14 years old but if that's a concern you can find lower mileage cars out there. I bought mine about 2 1/2 months ago now, it had 19,500 original miles. Car does look clean though, he's got a lot of paperwork with it, the asking price is about right but obviously everything is negotiable. Good luck. PM me if you have any Cobra specific questions.

WDW MKR

Established Member
mofugr said:
White leather was not an option that was offered from the factory on 1993 Cobra's. Check the VIN number it should start with 1FACP42D, if it doesn't start with that letter/number combination it's not a cobra.

+1

And what do you mean by "...several '92 and '93 models..."? The Cobra wasn't produced in 1992. If you're referring to standard GT and LX cars, then the value and price is far from comparable.

Users who are viewing this thread