1995 cobra 1st track time

wr450

Established Member
so I bought my kid a bone stock red 95 couple years ago for 5 grand paint needed work but no rust or bubbling only thing I could find wrong was the rear sway bar was missing. So it's been a work in progress as its his daily, paint buffed out nice, set of afs 04 replica rims 9 up front 10.5 out back on steeda sports and koni oranges, aluminum steeda rear lowers id have to say after owning these cars since my parents maroon 82 up to my current 14 a6 his is the best looking stang I think. So it died back in the spring and I had a local mustang guru replace the fuel pump, said he never seen one look like that it was a clump of rust, assumed the car sat dry for a while. After I got it back we put a off road x with flo pro straight thru mufflers, same design as magnaflow but less pricey and same day availability the gut that put the fuel pump on swore up and down chambered mufflers like flowmasters cost 10% in horsepower. Then a bbk fender wall cold air and a pro m maf made one pass wed during test and tune at my local track before it started raining and went 13.9 I was impressed car has 139 thousand miles and runs better by the day I think it sat for a long while from the previous owner. Oh also had a new harmonic balancer put on at the same time as fuel pump normally run the timing at 12 but bumped it up to 15 for the track. What u guys think seems to me those were low to mid 14 second cars new

crunkz06

Established Member
i have a 1994 cobra with BBk shortys, no cats, flow masters, MSD coil, 65mm throttle body, 24lb calibrated MAF housing,fender well cold air intake, KYB shocks all around,subframes, all basic bolt on goodies and my friends 1971 chevy c10 short bed truck with a 5.3 LS engine that has 303 horsepower at the wheels beats me every time and i can drive very well. the stock 3.08 gear in the 94-95 cobra sucks

wr450

Established Member
My bad I said bone stock at purchase the previous owner had to replace the pinion seal and put 355 in it i haven't driven a pushrod 5.0 since my 90 notch and this car just felt slow but I've been driving a 14 a6 I was surprised the car went 13.9 I only had one run I know I can get a tenth off that I'll let u know we got rainchecks I'm told that the 94 and 95 need a proper dynotune by someone that knows what there doing because the ecu on those years sucked ford was just starting to play around with retard for driveline protection

frank5o

Bleed Ford Blue
Established Member
It's true about the tune, even with stock heads and cam. A more aggressive timing curve, and getting rid of the tip in retard of the timing on shifts, make it feel much better. Basically it will make it drive more like a fox in terms of throttle response.

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
I miss my 94 Cobra, had a k&n, BBK 70mm Tb, o/r x pipe, Bassani catback, and ford racing e cam. Made 280/311 on 93. The gears really set these cars back, and the 240hp was BS, it was more like 270hp. Youll have some fun with it.

MysticChaos

Established Member
so I bought my kid a bone stock red 95 couple years ago for 5 grand paint needed work but no rust or bubbling only thing I could find wrong was the rear sway bar was missing. So it's been a work in progress as its his daily, paint buffed out nice, set of afs 04 replica rims 9 up front 10.5 out back on steeda sports and koni oranges, aluminum steeda rear lowers id have to say after owning these cars since my parents maroon 82 up to my current 14 a6 his is the best looking stang I think. So it died back in the spring and I had a local mustang guru replace the fuel pump, said he never seen one look like that it was a clump of rust, assumed the car sat dry for a while. After I got it back we put a off road x with flo pro straight thru mufflers, same design as magnaflow but less pricey and same day availability the gut that put the fuel pump on swore up and down chambered mufflers like flowmasters cost 10% in horsepower. Then a bbk fender wall cold air and a pro m maf made one pass wed during test and tune at my local track before it started raining and went 13.9 I was impressed car has 139 thousand miles and runs better by the day I think it sat for a long while from the previous owner. Oh also had a new harmonic balancer put on at the same time as fuel pump normally run the timing at 12 but bumped it up to 15 for the track. What u guys think seems to me those were low to mid 14 second cars new
That sounds like a pretty good time to me. I had a bone stock (except for a pro 5.0 shifter) 95 cobra that I used to run here and there for fun. My personal best in that car was a 14.3.

Users who are viewing this thread