1996 4.6L SVO Supercharged Ford Thunderbird

RedBidrin96

It is with much heartfelt regret that I write this post, but it simply is time to try to let this go to an enthusiast that is willing to give it the TLC that it needs to stay on the road and track. I have had this car for almost 19 years. It was my daily driver in high school and the start of college and became a "toy" in 2001 which is when the heavy modification began its gradual process. I will try to summarize the mods as best I can:

Drivetrain:
Manley forged rods and pistons in rebuilt Explorer PI motor
268XEH Comp Cams
SVO Eaton M112 supercharger
Alcohol Injection Systems methanol injection system
SCT Xcal 2 with pro-racer package
built 4R70W transmission with Circle D 3800 stall triple disc converter
3.73 track-lok differential
2.5" true dual exhaust
3.5" aluminum driveshaft

Cosmetics/stereo:
razzi full ground effects package
white faced reverse indiglo gages
Alpine head unit with 12" rockford fosgate subwoofer and amp
Clear turn signals
HID dual beam headlights
17 x 7.5 genuine Ford OEM SVT Thunderbird wheels with triple dip chrome process
1997 cup holder console installed with relocated cigarette lighter
~1.75" drop Vogtland lowering springs
auto down modules installed for all window switches

spare pair of 15" T-Bird wheels with MT drag radials, but the tires need to be replaced due to age and wear as the rubber is probably too hard and nearly slicks right now :).

Best E/T before the motor rebuild with the forged rods and pistons was 12.031@114 mph
Best Dyno before motor rebuild was 355 RWHP and 377 RWTQ

Factory options:
Auto headlights (I don't use this with the HIDs as when the lights flicker during startup the ballasts won't ignite)
moonroof
leather
cruise/PW/PL

The car could use a good dyno tune to improve driveability, but it is certainly driveable and most definitely dragstrip ready as is.

Those that know me (that would be my brother, Teal Terminator on this forum) know how OCD I am about my car and this is one of the cleanest MN12s that you will find cosmetically. That being said, it is far from perfect. It has a few dings here and there (mainly small rock chips and a little spider cracking in the front bumper), but no dents or major defects inside or outside. I will try to get some interior and engine pics up in the next few days, but the ones below are all that I have right now. The car has always been a southern car (NC/SC) so absolutely no rust. For full disclosure the car spent about 1.5 years in MI, but it was garaged the first winter I was there and then did not come out until April and then was brought back to SC in November of the second year that I was in MI.

The body has 140,500 miles on it, but the rebuilt motor only has only about 7k miles. The supercharger was a used unit when I installed it and I don't know the mileage at that point, but I have put nearly 50k miles on the supercharger between the original T-Bird motor and the Explorer motor. Also I have the full maintenance records from me doing it myself all the way back to the purchase date of 11/24/1999 when it had 34,664 miles on it and was a 1-owner car! I have or can take plenty more pictures, so just PM me if you would like more information. A few mods I left off above are the dual piston cobra brakes with 13" rotors and koni blue shocks/struts at all 4 corners. The car has been garaged and/or covered (custom cover included) the majority of its life, except for the year and a half that it was my daily drive in college and it sat out at my apartment.

I know it is hard to price the cars as there is very little market for them, but those of you reading this probably know what it takes to build one of these and I have way more in it than I can get out of it, but I would like to start with an asking price of $7500. Anyone that is interested can PM me and I will give you my cell number so we can talk to give you a better understanding of the condition of the car and talk about its full history.

Thanks for looking and hopefully I can find a good home for my baby.

IMG_1357.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_1337.jpg

IMG_1338.jpg

IMG_1339.jpg

IMG_1340.jpg

IMG_1341.jpg

IMG_1342.jpg

IMG_1343.jpg

IMG_1344.jpg

IMG_1345.jpg

IMG_1346.jpg

IMG_1356.jpg

-Kevin

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Wow very nice and GLWS!

Sleeper for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Teal Terminator

Established Member
This is my brother's car and I will vouch for it's overall condition, care over many years, and for an honest and trust worthy seller. I'm actually a little surprised he's selling it being that he's owned it for nearly two decades (something I can't fathom but somehow he's managed to do, lol)! Whoever gets this car won't be disappointed. Truly a great car for the money.

fordsvtbird

Established Member
Great car and GLWS! I have a similar situation and will be posting mine shortly. I've owned mine for 21 years now! crazy how time flies.. but I need to find a good home for mine as well.

Users who are viewing this thread