1996 Laser Red GT Coupe

281cubes

Wish I Had an SVT
1996 Mustang GT Laser Red Coupe
I am the third owner. Original owner put 13k on the car before selling it to a mid-20’s lady in Northern Illinois. I bought the car October 2003 with 64k miles completely stock. It now has 98,114 and is stored. Car is not my DD. I don’t need to sell, but I’d like to straighten out my priorities. I owe nothing on the car. Below is every possible detail – that I can think of - that has been added/changed to enhance appearance, performance, and overall operating condition of the car:

Located in Oak Creek, WI (Essentially, extreme southern Milwaukee)
5-speed
Black/gray cloth interior
Mach 460
PW, PL, A/C…yada yada

Performance: (engine and otherwise):
75mm throttlebody and matching plenum
JLT fenderwell CAI
Screamin’ Demon coil packs with Livewires
SCT hand-held programmer with 93 octane tune
MAC ProChamber O/R H-pipe
Magnaflow Magnapack catback
Powerslot rotors

Appearance:
FRPP C-Springs
Smoked headlights
Clear fogs
Chin spoiler
Flat black taillight bezels (a la Saleen)
Gunmetal 95 Cobra R’s 17x9 front, 17x10.5 Rear
Nitto 555 255/40, Nitto DR’s 315/35
Calipers painted to match car
White-faced gauges

Miscellaneous:
Centerforce DX clutch and throw-out bearing
- Also, replaced seal in transmission which broke after winter storage which is the true reason why the clutch needed to be replaced.
New tensioner pulley and Gatorback belt
Gas tank filler neck gasket replace due to dry rot
Tie rod ends recently replaced with alignment
Mobil 1 synthetic at or before 3k miles (I get antsy sometimes and do it early)
Water Wetter

Issues: (minor B.S.):
-One wheel stud on the front driver’s side is toast; damn lug nut broke on me while changing to stock rims for this winter’s storage. Bought the new stud, but it’s cold out there!
-Passenger side fog light harness/plug is spent. $20 for a new one
-Driver power seat doesn’t like to go forward, so if you’re my height (5’10”), you should be right at home. :eek:)
-Paint is overall in above average condition, especially for a ’96 in my opinion. (see pics) I probably washed and waxed this car more than I changed my underwear. However, it does have your standard rock chips and such. One blemish on the driver’s door which has been there since I bought the car and has not worsened and really doesn’t show unless you look for it.
-Small cigarette burn on passenger side rear seat. I’m not a smoker, nor were the previous owners, so how it got there is a mystery.

Parts to go with:
Stock wheels on Goodyear GS-D3’s @ ~50% tread
Throttlebody and plenum
Stock intake
Coil pack and wires
Quad shocks (Took them off to fit fatter rear wheels)
Headlights and corners
I hard-wired my radar detector into the car so that’ll be joining you
Steeda X2 Balljoints

Comments:
-I can seriously count the number of times this car has seen rain on two hands. Yeah, yeah…it’s only a GT, but she has been my pride and joy for a few years. Always garaged. Stored and covered for winters.
-I know everyone loves track times. Sorry to disappoint, but I’m not a wheel-standing, slicks and skinnies pro. :eek:) Actually, I can’t launch worth a damn. 14.526 @ 97.76 as it sits is my best out of a total seven passes. I’m told the trap speed is good enough for bottom 14’s, maybe high 13’s, but like I said, I’m not skilled enough for power-shifting and such, plus those seven runs were spread out over three track visits.
-As stated, I owe nothing on the car. $60 a month for insurance for full coverage at my 22 years old may help give you an idea of how I have driven this car. It really has been my prized possession and I’d prefer not to sell it to a 16-year old turd who’s only gonna beat on it.

$5500

No real interior shots, but plenty of outside pics. Will snap some interior ones if there is interest. Not looking for any trades.

..and suddenly I cannot post pictures, so until I get that cleared up, just shoot me your email and I’ll figure it out that way.

Thanks for looking!

281cubes

Wish I Had an SVT
Pics:

DSCN0340-1.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCN0633.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0367.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCN0625.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCN1024.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCN1048.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCN1010.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCN1035.jpg
[/IMG]

GTG

Looking for a Money Pit
Established Member
Nice looking car man. My first Mustang was a 98 GT in Red. It was slow compared to most, but I did all the work myself, so I loved it and still miss it. Good luck with the sale.

redcav

Established Member
come on, someone wants this for a project or sleeper or for their kid who just graduated college, lol. its a very nice and well kept car

stangfan15

"PULL OVER BITCH!"
Established Member
It's a beautiful car and frankly my favorite in the family ha ha besides the caucasian cruiser. Wish I had the money. Good luck!:banana::banana::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread