1997 with only 5700 miles? You be the judge!

2003RedfireCobra

Learning More Every Day
Established Member
If you look at the other seats they dont look near as bad as the drivers... maybe he just sat in it and acted like he was driving it all the time!!!! LOL...JK they do look worn though... but then again I had a 97 with 57K on it and the driver seat looked brand new! (seat cover)

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
My drivers seat has 51000 miles on it and I put on 18000 of them and weigh 260 pounds and it looks better then the ebay car. Something seems off with that ad.

bit

Happiness is being blown!
Established Member
I can't speak for that car, but that is just how the seats are straight out of the factory. I have seen quite a few Cobras with very little mileage, some less than 50. I have always been amazed at the condition of the seats. On the bright side though, it will look the same in 100k miles.

Erick

Established Member
I can't speak for that car, but that is just how the seats are straight out of the factory. I have seen quite a few Cobras with very little mileage, some less than 50. I have always been amazed at the condition of the seats. On the bright side though, it will look the same in 100k miles.
I'm not talking about symmetry. I'm looking at the wear in the leather and difference between the driver and passenger side.

It looks like a nice car but I'm calling BS on the miles. It's way too easy to shut off the cluster on these cars. :bs:

bit

Happiness is being blown!
Established Member
I'm looking at the wear in the leather and difference between the driver and passenger side.
That is the point. Those "wear lines" are there from the factory. The difference you are seeing in the seats is angle and lighting. Look at all the lines in the bottom center section of the driver seat in the straight on picture. Now look at the same section in the passenger side picture. See what I mean? Look closely at the passenger seat it has all the same lines. That is just the way the leather is.

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
I call BS. In 97 they had the sign signature sticker on the pass head of who built the motor. Its gone. With less than 6k miles I highly doubt it wore off. Plus those aren't the original tires on that car either.

-Mark

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
i have right at 130k on my car and my seats i just took out look the same way almost exactly.

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
Just curious but did anyone notice how "HIGH" up the parking brake lever is?? That shows me that the parking brake cables are stretched to all hell which is indefinitely indicative of high mileage and excessive use.

FoxFour

Peace,Love and Soul!
Established Member
Just curious but did anyone notice how "HIGH" up the parking brake lever is?? That shows me that the parking brake cables are stretched to all hell which is indefinitely indicative of high mileage and excessive use.

Unless it did not have the E-Brake fix from Ford. Prior to the fix mine did that too.

NoviBlown92

Tire Smoker
Established Member
I like how they say it has lot's of added mods to increas horsepower, torque, AND GAS MILEAGE LMAO since when did a Kenne Bell increase your MPG? Also they say it has dark gray leather seats. Looks like black to me :shrug: Run away from that car fast!

Users who are viewing this thread