1999 SVT Cobra dyno results

1999 SVT Cobra

Established Member
Got the cobra dynoed today I am posting from my cell phone so Ill upload a photo of the dyno graph when I get home car made 302 rwhp and 299 rwtq its got full exhaust and intake those are my only engine mods. Pretty decent for the mods I think.

DSC03667.jpg

DSC03668.jpg

Last edited:

Lumpydogs

Established Member
Those are very strong dyno numbers for a 99 with your mods, congratulations. Now go celebrate with a cold one :beer: it's the weekend.

ItsACobraSon

Established Member
That is nice man. I must be doing something wrong since my numbers are lower then yours and I have a bit more done. I dont get it

matt87

Established Member
dynos are a nice reference tool to tune by, but i have seen the same car in my area on three diff dynos and they all were different and not by 1-2 hp either. the track tells the real story of power.

gmsux

Denial ain't just a river
Established Member
Great #'s, i'd say those results are an anomoly. Most cobra's don't put that down w/o more mods.

1999 SVT Cobra

Established Member
I never got around to posting the sheet but I will do it tonight. I have no idea about why I hit such high numbers I was hoping for 290 so when we ran the first run and I was at 298 I was stoked. It was at Super Tune Performance in Overland Park, KS so a big thanks to them. They are the same guys that dynoed the "Twister" mustang and they did an excellent job. The dyno was a DynoJet. The only other engine mod I have is breathers but I wouldn't think that would add power. He said the first run my A/F ratio was at 17.1 which I guess is high bc he said I was running really really rich. Now at WOT I'm at 13.11 I notice a considerable difference in my power band. This is my first time at a dyno so he could have tuned it like shit and I wouldn't know. The numbers in my sig were what the previous owner claimed it made stock but after seeing this site I know he was lying. I don't know what else to say about why the numbers were high but I will post the sheet in a few hours after I get off work. Sorry for the post being sloppy I'm posting from my Palm Centro lol. Thanks for the comments.

PS it might be the temp differences. it was 70 degrees here yesterday and no humidity so maybe lower combustion temps. just throwing things out there now

kevin01cobra

Friendly MerShaq
Established Member
17.1???
When my car was dyno'd by the previous owner the highest my A/F got was 15.0 and wouldnt that be lean and not rich? You always run rich in the high rpms when WOT, stupid mustang fuel dump.

1999 SVT Cobra

Established Member
I have no idea all I know is I had a lot of raw fuel coming out on decel. And it was black lol he said I was running really really rich. I have no idea about cars I pay people to make them go fast. The results are posted in the original post. The pictures are way crappy my parents camera is like from the early 90s lol (not really but its really outdated)

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Wow those are great numbers for having those mods. Sure different dynos make different numbers but they are not off by a lot. Now I'm really curious as to what ill make.

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
It look that those numbers are uncorrected and are STD numbers. Still a strong car! Congrats on the numbers

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
if you look in the top right hand side of the screen. You will see " CF: STD" If you have dynojets software you can change the CF (correction factor) to SAE.

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
STD is a correction factor just like SAE is. It just "corrects" to a more optimum set of conditions.

SAE corrects to 29.23 in/Hg, 77°F and 0% humidity
STD corrects to 29.92 in/Hg, 68°F and 0% humidity

If the numbers were uncorrected it would have read "CF: UNCORRECTED", which would be the actual raw numbers the car put out on the dyno that day.

Users who are viewing this thread