1999 SVT Cobra OBD2 reader?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Unfortunately the oldest I've used my Torque app with is my 04. I suppose I could try it on my son's 98. But I would think it would work fine on your 99. Is the bluetooth adapter being powered up?

52merc

Established Member
This year of Mustang uses SAE J1850 PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) for OBD communication and from the information I have should be compatible with an ELM327 adapter.

Not sure about what you are connecting to the ELM327.

bigmoose

Established Member
Those ELM327 devices are known to be hit or miss and can flake out. Your other vehicles could be using a different protocol as stated above.

If you ever want to go with a better quality device look at the scantool MX obd adapter. It uses the ST1110 chip which is far superior to the ELM327. Runs about $79 on Amazon.

scottydsntknow

Established Member
I just have aftermarket gauges? Always right in front of me, no having to **** with anything except running wires which is easy.

NotsoFastFreddie

Established Member
Scotty,

Please post up details on aftermarket gauges. What you have, and if newer better set ups out there since you did yours? Recommendations.

These Cobra dummy gauges are driving me nuts.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Scotty,

Please post up details on aftermarket gauges. What you have, and if newer better set ups out there since you did yours? Recommendations.

These Cobra dummy gauges are driving me nuts.

Look into Speedhut. I bought a bunch, but have not installed them yet

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
In my 01 I ran a wideband and boost/vacuum. In my 04 I run the Aeroforce. I use that because I want to watch the charge temp as well as other things. The plan is to go with dual Aeroforce gauges at some point.

scottydsntknow

Established Member
I got mine from Speedhut too. Just the oil and water. You can customize them however you want and they are a USA small business so definitely prefer giving them my business.

Users who are viewing this thread