19inch wheels on 2004 cobra?

707RIDAH

Established Member
I was thinking about getting some new wheels for my cobra. I really like the HRE FF04 in gloss black. But I am a little unsure about doing 19inch. I really wanted 18's but they don't come in that size. Has anyone on here ever went with 19 rims or know somebody that has? Thoughts? Post up pics if you have them thanks!

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
There are a few pictures of these cars with 19" wheels and honestly they look too big. 18's are the way to go imo.

Sorry, I don't have pictures.

Google "03/04 cobra vossen wheels" and the black cobra has 19's.

707RIDAH

Established Member
Thanks for the info, I looked it up and those are actually 20s. Those are definitely too big lol!

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Can only imagine how 19s would transmit nvh through this chassis..18s are bad enough

badmpg03

Established Member
I think it can work - but you need to be on point about offsets and tire setup, and body would have to be slammed and have the right stance.

I believe these below have "19 and pull it off well

IMO I wouldn't do a black wheel on 19's. Need some pattern to break it up the look

silv 19.JPG
IMG_3517.JPG

707RIDAH

Established Member
upload_2019-6-26_12-22-21.png

These are the HRE FF04 but they come in only 19 and up. Guess I gotta decide which one I want. I'm supposed to order them next week

badmpg03

Established Member
These are the HRE FF04 but they come in only 19 and up. Guess I gotta decide which one I want. I'm supposed to order them next week

What color is your car?
Those look sick above and I take it back. I
f the wheel has some type of lip / more than 5 spokes, I think would look good.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
To me, 19” wheels on these cars is approaching the “wagon wheel” look. New Edge Mustang lines/wheel wells don’t support the look in my opinion. The 2000 Cobra R came with 18” wheels from the factory, which look perfect on New Edge Stangs. I’m still rocking my original 17” wheels/tires on my 04 with no plans to mod. If you are looking for upsizing your setup, I personally wouldn’t go above an 18”.

E7-A96-D38-0-AA7-43-B9-9-B0-F-CE829-F4428-DA.jpg

94slowbra1

Established Member
Another thing to consider is your brake set up. The 13" OEM set up, not to mention the rear 11.65", is going to look tiny behind a 19" wheel.
There are too many good looking 18" wheels to feel like you have to go 19". But hey it's your car so do what makes you happy

707RIDAH

Established Member
upload_2019-6-26_14-32-11.png

Might have to get these since they come in 18s I'd prefer to go 18's but the ff04 only come in 19 and up. I guess these will still look cool. Thanks for the ideas and help guys

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
No...no I don't think they do. You need more tire. Sorry.

Completely agree. My disclaimer is visual mods like rims are quite subjective. We all have different tastes, but that picture is exactly what I was referring to when I talking about the “wagon wheel look.” The wheels are too big for the car and the compensation for the oversized wheel is a thin strip of rubber, which takes the look further in the wrong direction. 18” wheels are “where it’s at” for New Edge Stangs.

badmpg03

Established Member
Completely agree. My disclaimer is visual mods like rims are quite subjective. We all have different tastes, but that picture is exactly what I was referring to when I talking about the “wagon wheel look.” The wheels are too big for the car and the compensation for the oversized wheel is a thin strip of rubber, which takes the look further in the wrong direction. 18” wheels are “where it’s at” for New Edge Stangs.

I dont know man - did you see this car and pics? 18's on left 19's on right. If you can nail the stance / tire package 100%, then I think it looks good. Straight 19" Five spokes is not a good idea because that looks wagon wheelish. If you had a nice and wheel pattern - ie D540 CCW, it pops well.

orange-mustang-shelby-03-cobra-terminator-deep-dish-chrome-wheels-b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread