19x11" rear rim offset?

RunninHorse

Established Member
Wanting to run a set of MT 305/35-19 ET Streets. An 11" rim would be ideal. Currently on a 9.5", and they're bulging over the beads and wearing unevenly.

Anyone know what offset works for 19X11" rear rims on a S197 (2013)? Trying to tuck the tire in just a hair.

I've been searching and haven't been able to find a good answer. I think it'd be around 54-58mm, but I don't want to guess wrong with a $500+ set of rims.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Check the specs on 18x10.5” Darkstars and adjust accordingly (either .25” more backspace or .375” if you want a slight tuck).
The Darkstar data is published and they fit perfect for me.
-J

RunninHorse

Established Member
Check the specs on 18x10.5” Darkstars and adjust accordingly (either .25” more backspace or .375” if you want a slight tuck).
The Darkstar data is published and they fit perfect for me.
-J

Good idea, thanks. I can do that and also try to adjust for tire size differences. What tire are you running?

RunninHorse

Established Member
Looks like to make the most room for a rear tire I can remove the factory tie downs, relocate bumpstops, remove the plastic shrouds from the shocks, and modify the lower shock mounts.

Probably overkill for a 19x11", but it'd be nice to have the extra room for a bigger track tire.

Leaning towards a 59mm offset.

RunninHorse

Established Member
Yeah, all of AM’s 19x11s are 56mm offset. I’m worried that won’t tuck it as much as I want. Hard to tell from their pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

basspro302

Established Member
You are kinda stuck with that offset mine are 20x11 and they would rub the inside fender but the tucked perfect

Coz

Established Member
Premium Member
I thought the larger the positve (EDIT - correction from "negative") they would tuck in more. In any case the difference is barely more than an 1/8th of an inch.

Last edited:

RunninHorse

Established Member
You are kinda stuck with that offset mine are 20x11 and they would rub the inside fender but the tucked perfect

@basspro302 Stuck how, as in limited by what's for sale? The brand/style that matches my fronts can be ordered with custom offsets.

I'm planning to bolt the old 305s back on and take some measurements first.

I thought the larger the positve (EDIT - correction from "negative") they would tuck in more. In any case the difference is barely more than an 1/8th of an inch.

Right.

Coz

Established Member
Premium Member
My point is that there are plenty of people running the 19x11 Apex wheels with +52 and 305s with no problem. Some even have 315s.

So if they are ok with +52 then +56 will tuck in even more. But then, if you run coilovers in the back, without divorced springs, may have a problem with inboard clearance.

You may even have to modify the rear bump stop mount. That is mainly an issue when you're changing a tire and your axle is hanging.

See this page for fitment issues overall for the S197. Info on bump stops is all the way at the end.

S197 Mustang Wheel & Tire Fitment Guide

RunninHorse

Established Member
My point is that there are plenty of people running the 19x11 Apex wheels with +52 and 305s with no problem. Some even have 315s.

So if they are ok with +52 then +56 will tuck in even more. But then, if you run coilovers in the back, without divorced springs, may have a problem with inboard clearance.

You may even have to modify the rear bump stop mount. That is mainly an issue when you're changing a tire and your axle is hanging.

See this page for fitment issues overall for the S197. Info on bump stops is all the way at the end.

S197 Mustang Wheel & Tire Fitment Guide

That link has a lot of helpful information, thanks. I've looked at a ton of 19x11s and most are 52/56mm offset like you said.

I only found one example of 59mm offset and that's a 20x11.

56mm looks like a safe bet. Plus I can still move the shock, remove the factory tie down, etc.. if I need a little more clearance.

Users who are viewing this thread