1st and second gear not engaging all the way, second “notch”.

Blkblk13car

Established Member
So I’ve read evreything I can about the 1-2 issue. I had the 6060 in my Camaro and had similar problems ironically (same year 2013).

My issue seems to be evrey now and then it feels like I’m fully in gear but when I let off the clutch it grinds for a split second and throws the gear out quite forcefully. Im having all fluids changed this week but wanted to know if this was a syncro thing or a remote shifter thing? Or even a too much bushing on the shifter thing?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Silver Talon

Pronounced: Mahcargo Braaaap
Established Member
Had that a few times in the MT82, and once so far in the Shelby. I question the shifter bushings too. Shifter feels like its 100% in, but it may not actually be pushing the fork all the way for full engagement. I feel that both shifters a have a tad more play then what they probably did new. I know its 100% true in the MT82 because I've put all 80k miles on it, and its definitely got some slop.

Blkblk13car

Established Member
Had that a few times in the MT82, and once so far in the Shelby. I question the shifter bushings too. Shifter feels like its 100% in, but it may not actually be pushing the fork all the way for full engagement. I feel that both shifters a have a tad more play then what they probably did new. I know its 100% true in the MT82 because I've put all 80k miles on it, and its definitely got some slop.
I’m getting it in second and first like 2-3 times a day almost- I’m trying to mitigate it but I swear it’s solidly in gear some times it happens. Hoping I’m not trashing my gears lol

Silver Talon

Established Member
I get the same, but generally when its cold, and being that I'm in Maine, that's pretty much every time I drive the car. But its usually second as well. Once the tranny gets warm after a few miles, it all seems to go away, but I can't help but think its in the shifter, and hot fluid helps keep the gear engagement complete.

Blkblk13car

Established Member
I get the same, but generally when its cold, and being that I'm in Maine, that's pretty much every time I drive the car. But its usually second as well. Once the tranny gets warm after a few miles, it all seems to go away, but I can't help but think its in the shifter, and hot fluid helps keep the gear engagement complete.

Literally just got me good right now lol the sound it makes is horrible. I guess I’ll see how it goes after fluid refresh in the tranny. I kinda want it to just be synchro since that I can get taken care of. I just wince letting off first now since it’s unpredictable

Blkblk13car

Established Member
I replaced my shifter bushing with the Revan Racing shifter bushing when they were available (5 years ago?). I really haven't had any problems other than my own poor technique at times with 16,000 miles on it.

This appears to be the same thing Revan used to sell. https://www.kohrmotorsports.com/product/gt500-shifter-bushing-upgrade-2007-2014/

Pete

I’ll take a look since it’s the one issue I have on the otherwise perfect car

Blkblk13car

Established Member
Maybe I’m underestimating how long it takes for the tranny to warm up? After a good few hours cruising and some spirited driving its much better. Thing is it’s 85 out SFL

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Silver Talon

Established Member
Mine is warm probably in 15 or 20 miles. While its warming up, you can feel the difference as you're going along. Think I have only had one time where it kicked out of gear after it was warm.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Swap trans fluid to quality synthetic ATF (I used Amsoil) and it’ll help. Next up is an MGW Gen 2 shifter. After that it’s trans rebuild time.
-J

Blkblk13car

Established Member
So day 2 of miraculous smoothness- I swear something small must have been jamming up the shifter. Tranny fluid will tell us I guess lol

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread