1st TIME WITH NITROUS HAVE QUESTIONS

sdfrog177

Established Member
I currently finished restoring a 1985 GT and was thinking about running some squeeze into it. I have done the supercharger route on my last 3 steeds (all of them fuel injected) and now looking for something new. Anyways I kept the motor pretty tame, stock short block, GT40 Iron heads "O" ringed and ported, eldelbrock 650cfm, motorsport B cam, 1.6 RR, MSD Ignition, full exhaust. less than 100 miles on the drivetrain-230 RWHP 270RWT. Ok heres my question what system should I go for this application. I have heard that I can safely get away with a 100-125 shot. Also what type of tuning or fuel system upgrades would I need with nitrous. I do plan on some 1/8 and 1/4 runs in the near future with this car, but reliability is priority #1. Thanks in advance for any advise.

sdfrog177

Established Member
Thanks for the info, pretty much what I have heard as well. As for timing I have been told 2 deg neg per 50 hp increase.

dredg9

Established Member
1 or two to be on the safe side is always a good thing. Go with Nitrous Express, I love mine and it hits hard as hell.

jstevens

Established Member
If someone wouldn't mind chiming in, but what do you expect when you launch (tips) and what happens if you hit it on the freeway say at around 70mph?

Thanks, John

99cobranix

Rice Eater
Established Member
You should be fine with the 100 shot. You will want to tune after that (2 degrees - per 50). If your driveline can hadle it, spray out of the hole. You won't regret it, just make sure you have some good DR's. As for spraying off a role, in my experiences I haven't had any problems. Just make sure your pressure is good. About 1050-1100 psi.

Users who are viewing this thread