1st timer @ Mardi Gras

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
Heading to New Orleans for Mardi Gras weekend in February and was wondering what I should hit up or completely avoid all together. One of my friends that is going has been multiple times before but I was just wondering what you guys would have for input.

We got a hotel right in the French Quarter and money is not going to be an object at all. My will is already written out because I realize anything can happen. :coolman:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Damm dude, We always go but this year I'll be out of town.

I'll get with you later on my opinion.

Post in the south section. Several members in the area can help you out.

speedsun

Established Member
As long as you aren't staying at the Best Western I think you'll be fine. Worst experience ever for me. I went in mid summer and Bourbon St. was packed. I can only imagine how bad it is during Mardi Gras haha

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
As long as you aren't staying at the Best Western I think you'll be fine. Worst experience ever for me. I went in mid summer and Bourbon St. was packed. I can only imagine how bad it is during Mardi Gras haha

It must have smelt like a circus in the middle of the Summer there lol

Mjavant1985

Figgy (Cam) Newton
Established Member
I was in New Orleans in May and June last year working some on the hotel behind the Saints stadium, i stayed at the Queen & Cresent which was maybe 3 streets over from Bourbon on the other side of Canal. It was quite nice i thought, and the BTW that smell is there all year around...

Edit: Don't venture to far down Bourbon during Mardi Gras, or you'll end up with a nice horror story

Last edited:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
It is like the Grand Canyon. Got to see it once. But the F'n smell. It is similar to driving behind an old leaky garbage truck, e few Long Island Ice teas and you get in the groove. Stay away from the far end clubs, kinda weird unless you are into the super weird. Unless sitting in a club full of guys looking at you like you are the only girl there does not make you feel weird.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
It is like the Grand Canyon. Got to see it once. But the F'n smell. It is similar to driving behind an old leaky garbage truck, e few Long Island Ice teas and you get in the groove. Stay away from the far end clubs, kinda weird unless you are into the super weird. Unless sitting in a club full of guys looking at you like you are the only girl there does not make you feel weird.

LMAO at the end Dale.
Here is my post from the other thread.

On Bourbon,
hit Pat O'Brien's and get a hurricane.

hit Tropical Isle and get a Hand Grenade.

hit The Jester (One on damm near every corner) for drink stops, Pizza on your way to another bar.

Krazy Korner has good bands as does The Famous Door

If you want to laugh and don't mind crowds when it gets late hit The Cat's Meow and listen to the drunks try to Karaoke.

At 2am when you think you drank enough get a Lucky Dog from one of the cart vendors and you'll be good to go again.

Several small Jazz and Blues clubs along Bourbon to stop in listen a bit and get another drink.

The strip clubs are for the most part over priced and you have to look for the really good looking women.
I'll come up with more later.

PS, You will know when you walked too far down. When you see men holding hands stop and turn around. (Unless your into that) lol

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
gotta go to mothers for breakfast

check out pat-o's- the piano bar is amazing

check out the parades, lots of drinking and stuff going on but paying for a bathroom kinda sucks. my friends i went with for a few years basically made out with everyone they could at the parades. you may get lucky and score a hot chick.

DO NOT TOUCH THE HORSE COPS, they will beat you to a pulp. i saw a guy just pet one and they beat his ass senseless. then took him to the paddy wagon. it was insane, busted his face up, tore his shirt and lost one of his shoes. my jaw was on the nasty ass ground after that one.

if your staying in the french quarter dont worry about sleeping, you will get ZERO. its loud as hell even in your hotel room. you will not get to sleep till 12am wed morning when fat tuesday is over and they sweep the streets.

stay hydrated as much as you can, you will know your first night out and will probably follow that advice from day 2 on. also avoid stepping on peoples lawns, i was at a parade and tried to cross this guys lawn, didnt see him on the stoop of his house and ended up getting a remington 870 pointed in my face. i had to change my shorts after that one.

good luck and return alive, its brutal down there but extremely fun. oh and skip the strip clubs all together, you will find what you need on bourbon street.

BayouVette

Far Beyond Driven
Established Member
dont limit yourself to bourbon.. you can do down one street and hit royal or go a few more and hit decatur. Bourbon on mardi gras is just too packed for me. Try hitting bourbon during the day.

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
If you need to ask, the you might not be able to handle it.

Let me know though bro, i could get ya into some of the strip clubs on bourbon.

I am only asking because I am not sure whats worth hitting up and what isn't. Like if there is a cover to get into some place that I dont know about it, and it sucks I dont want to waste my time with it.

SpectorV

Established Member
keep a VERY close eye on your pocket/etc (anything you dont want taken from you while you are walking around)

Users who are viewing this thread