2.0 eco boost

125oh

Established Member
I know the Eco boost is getting a lot of attention . What do you guys think about the 2.0 in the fusions ? Can they make any power with bolt ons ? Can they be a good stop light to stop light car ? I love the way they look , and they are a lil cheaper than the Taurus .

redfire04gt

Blown 2v
Established Member
I just bought a 14 titanium fusion with the 2.0l ecoboost last week. They are super nice cars and pretty fast for a mid sized 4 door! I'm really liking mine so far. I'm not planning on modding this one anytime soon it's my new dd and how I cart the family around. I know that I've read about the livernois tune which adds a decent amount unless you want to get into turbo upgrades or porting as mentioned. The only bolt ons I've really seen so far are intakes and exhaust as far as performance goes. I'd like to hear more about this as well in case I change my mind :rolling:

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
We have a '13 escape and with just a focus st cai (looks like Cobb) made 212/236 SAE on the dyno with 93 octane. A tune will net more, especially since the stock tune limits torque pretty bad.

Last edited:

redfire04gt

Blown 2v
Established Member
Forgot about this thread. Funny though that I said I wasn't modding my 2.0l fusion. Once it's in your blood it's there forever I think!

I have the steeda cold air kit, strut tower brace, rear sway bar and a turbosmart BOV awaiting install....just need to find some time to get it all done. :rolling:

I'm a member over at 2gfusions.com....great site for a lot of good info on these cars. The Cobb tune with access port is being released very soon which looks real promising. Unleashed has just recently released custom tuning as well using the sct x4 so there are now better options out there as far as tuning goes.

I'll tell you one thing the fusion is a great car and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I've got 3200 miles on it so far and getting about 25 mpg. Mine is FWD.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
That's the truth. I can't leave anything stock either lol. I might go with Torrie and just send him back data logs for revisions. I have a Cobb look alike cold air intake so far. I need to see if the Focus st down pipe will work.

Last edited:

redfire04gt

Blown 2v
Established Member
I'm pretty sure a guy over at 2gfusions tried the st down pipe on his fusion and it wouldn't fit. not sure why i'd have to find the thread again but i think there was interference. not sure about the escape though. My wife really wants an explorer sport...i'd love to dump her equinox for one but I'd rather not have 2 car payments.

Andy@Livernois

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
And go with SCT not what Livernoise has.

Have you tried our tune out for your Escape to come to this conclusion? We have experience with this extending back an entire year and have tuned this platform around the globe and have custom tuned more EcoBoosts than anyone on the planet.

I am always interested to hear customer feedback, which to date, has been unbelievable how positive it has been. We can barely keep enough tuners on the shelf vs. the demand we have for our tunes and other products we make for the Ecoboost engines.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
might be a bit off topic but I'll ask anyway...

Andy, any plans to release a 2.0 EB tune for the Explorer? I have yours in my 3.5 EB F150, now my wife wants one for her Explorer. Thanks.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Just from forums with a few that like your tune and several that are having problems. Plus I don't like that tuner, I'm more of a SCT fan. I'm a big fan of Livernoise, just not that tuner. I'm more of a dyno tuning type of guy.

Last edited:

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
I'm pretty sure a guy over at 2gfusions tried the st down pipe on his fusion and it wouldn't fit. not sure why i'd have to find the thread again but i think there was interference. not sure about the escape though. My wife really wants an explorer sport...i'd love to dump her equinox for one but I'd rather not have 2 car payments.

On the next oil change, i was going to compare a pic of the focus st to the escape down pipe. I might have to go catless and have the pipe tweeked if need be.

redfire04gt

Blown 2v
Established Member
Have you tried our tune out for your Escape to come to this conclusion? We have experience with this extending back an entire year and have tuned this platform around the globe and have custom tuned more EcoBoosts than anyone on the planet.

I am always interested to hear customer feedback, which to date, has been unbelievable how positive it has been. We can barely keep enough tuners on the shelf vs. the demand we have for our tunes and other products we make for the Ecoboost engines.

Being a tech/gadget geek...personally I think you need to upgrade your devices. As far as the fusion is concerned you were once the only option as far as tune goes but that's not the case anymore. There are other options now with more appealing devices for less money.

Users who are viewing this thread