2.3 whipple..who's spraying too??

Chuckie B

Established Member
I have a cobra with a 2.3 on 18#..makes 610/570.. just ordered a nitrous outlet wet kit with dedicated fuel cell. Plan on running 110 in the cell...

Who else is spraying? Power #s, track times?

Is anyone using a progressive controller?

Just looking for some good info of what I'm getting myself into.

Thanks

ctgreddy

Established Member
I haven't sprayed since my eaton days but something to consider for a controller is the n2mb box. You'll get a wot box, 2step, and nitrous controller for like 260. I used it and it was awesome. Used my pc to set it up, it does a wot turn on and window switch. And you can use it with the wot shifting as when the clutch is applied it'll kill the nitrous until you let off the pedal.

Chuckie B

Established Member
Ahh yea I'll have to look into that I was thinking about getting one awile back ... my buddie wants me to get the nos mini controller to ramp the shot in 2nd gear..

Blown38

Established Member
I ran a 100 shot thru a 2.3 on the marauder with terminator setup. boost was 19psi. pulled a 1.41 60' and ran a 10.30. ran 10.8s same day without the juice. race weight at 4200lbs.

03Steve

Established Member
It will be fun on the spray. I ran 9.7@142mph without it on my setup, but always wanted to try a bottle on it like I had with my old Kenne Bell car.

Chuckie B

Established Member
Was this a wet shot? Did you jet it for 100 or did it make a 100 hp gain?..I'd be happy with 10.30s..that's moving pretty good!

Chuckie B

Established Member
I ran a 100 shot thru a 2.3 on the marauder with terminator setup. boost was 19psi. pulled a 1.41 60' and ran a 10.30. ran 10.8s same day without the juice. race weight at 4200lbs.
Was this a wet shot? Did you jet it for 100 or did it make a 100 hp gain?..I'd be happy with 10.30s..that's moving pretty good!

Chuckie B

Established Member
What's the most you guys would hit it with with the race gas? 100? Stock motor car..people have told me that jetting for 75 will most likley hit 100 or more hp gain

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I would suggest starting with a 50 and slowly increase if you need more power.
My stock motor was sprayed with a 40 on 21.5lbs for many years with no issues. My block did crack after 11 years of lots of drag racing, autocross, road racing and street miles.

Rambro

Established Member
I've got a kit on my car and it's never been used. I was thinking a 50-75 shot dry. Never messed with nitrous though so I'm kind of hesitant.

Rambro

Established Member
I would suggest starting with a 50 and slowly increase if you need more power.
My stock motor was sprayed with a 40 on 21.5lbs for many years with no issues. My block did crack after 11 years of lots of drag racing, autocross, road racing and street miles.

That's crazy you don't usually hear about the blocks cracking. Sounds like you really put it to the test though with a lot of racing.

Jmurrz

Established Member
I haven't sprayed since my eaton days but something to consider for a controller is the n2mb box. You'll get a wot box, 2step, and nitrous controller for like 260. I used it and it was awesome. Used my pc to set it up, it does a wot turn on and window switch. And you can use it with the wot shifting as when the clutch is applied it'll kill the nitrous until you let off the pedal.

I am going to be spraying a 100 shot through my 2.3 Whipple, I am using a NX wet Plate kit and will be wiring it through the N2MB WOT box for the reasons mentioned above. When you guys are running a standalone system are you doing it so you don't have to retard timing? Also, what Standalone systems are you guys using?

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
Jake Conant(Badass03) cracked his also. Jon and I both cracked ours between 7 & 8. I forget where Jakes was cracked. Frank Yee cracked his also.

Ah ok I remember those threads from back in the day. I thought you meant local FL guys since there are quite a few who frequent the forums.

TurboGA

Established Member
I would start with a 50 shot and work your way to a 100 shot. With a wet system spraying thur the blower i would not spray more than a 100 shot. a bigger shot than this will be hard to get every cylinder the proper nos/fuel mixture. If it was a dry setup you could for sure bump it up.. As long as your air/fuel ratio is safe you should not have problems with the nitrous.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread