2.65 TVS question

PC03GT

Established Member
Dang, the crusher is an expensive upgrade. 2/3 the price of the actual supercharger is kind of nuts
At that price point you're just better off buying a gen 5 if going new. The only benefit of the crusher being out is for guy's like myself that already have a blower and want to upgrade

MG0h3

Established Member
What PC03GT said.

Wait for the lethal deal they have a few times a year. Want to say Gen5 3.0 is $5210

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

IllCobra

Established Member
The crusher is expensive.....but damn, the results between a standard inlet gen4 2.9 and a a crusher are pretty damn dramatic. Both HP and TQ jump exponentially. Traps speeds too. Many mph at the track.
Yeah, they do make great number. I'll keep my eye's open for a used one.

IllCobra

Established Member
What PC03GT said.

Wait for the lethal deal they have a few times a year. Want to say Gen5 3.0 is $5210

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
I'll for sure look out for that. Do they do deals on all the blowers they sell or just the Whipples?

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
At that price point you're just better off buying a gen 5 if going new. The only benefit of the crusher being out is for guy's like myself that already have a blower and want to upgrade

If it comes with the intake tube and everything that is kind of what things go for now. VMP wants $600 for a filter, a tube, and a pigtail. $800 for the GT500 TB. Either way you should talk to @MalcolmV8 or one of the other smaller guys that are legit on here. Some will cut a better deal than the normal website advertised prices. I don't know what the deal is consider materials and the market right now but worth reaching out.

IllCobra

Established Member
If it comes with the intake tube and everything that is kind of what things go for now. VMP wants $600 for a filter, a tube, and a pigtail. $800 for the GT500 TB. Either way you should talk to @MalcolmV8 or one of the other smaller guys that are legit on here. Some will cut a better deal than the normal website advertised prices. I don't know what the deal is consider materials and the market right now but worth reaching out.
Yeah, I wanted to buy VMP's intake but $600 is way too much I feel...

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Yeah, I wanted to buy VMP's intake but $600 is way too much I feel...

Before that came out people were buying the crusher tube as a indiv part and for like $400 IIRC and building their own. I guess that set the price point. Still a **** ton of money for a plastic tube and a $50 filter. Wonder who will be the first to measure and 3D print a knock off. AKA the LFP business model.

Who was making the StarWars gear on here? Couple people seem pretty knowledgable in the 3D printing game. I'll take a tube for closer to $300, just saying. ;)

Last edited:

Toast21

Established Member
750 on pump gas sounds very high....but those Todd warren cams are very much a wild card. I've said since day one that the 2.65 came out it needed cams in the worst way....and would probably really shine if the correct combo was unlocked. It never looked well suited for the factory terminator cams profile like the gen4 2.9

So, great results Toast21, and thanks for posting them. I for one would like to see the dyno sheet.....and see what the TQ curve looks like.

bf8fe8196368b767c36a6a176bccd91b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KINGCarnge

170 of 2003 10th Anniversary
Established Member
View attachment 1707615

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your #'s are insane!

Last May I had my VMP Gen3 installed along with a 3.1 upper, 1000 cc injectors, Bassani headers, and new fuel pumps. Cobra had a accufab tb and jlt rai when dyno. VMP tune on 93 and my car did 620. This year I upgraded from my jlt/accfab combo to the GT500 VMP cold air intake, tb, elbow and MAF. I don't know if it will honestly give me any increase in hp or not. Also am putting on a 2.9 upper and going E85. Hopefully soon I can have some dyno #'s. If the cobra can break 700 hp and give me the whining noise again and I'll be happy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread