2.7 ecoboost mods

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I’m getting a tune soon for the little engine that could. On other ecoboost I’ve upgraded to a 3 bar map, is that applicable on this truck and if do what is the part #. Thoughts on high flow cats and a larger inner cooler? With just a cai it’s been 13.80. Really want to be in the 12’s.

Rcsb 2.7 4wd

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

RALPH R

Established Member
If you get a larger intercooler I would recommend upgrading the charge pipes.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Not sure I even need more. Truck is pretty stupid stock. I did hear a resonator delete and cat back that you can actually hear the turbo whistle. Tempted honestly.

tenor.gif

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
I vote downpipes/high flow cats for the sound alone. delete the resonator and keep the rest factory

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Not sure I even need more. Truck is pretty stupid stock. I did hear a resonator delete and cat back that you can actually hear the turbo whistle. Tempted honestly.

not sure we can remain friends....

I vote downpipes/high flow cats for the sound alone. delete the resonator and keep the rest factory

I've downloaded the SCT box tune so far. It is a big improvement especially in S mode. I have 5 star tunes in my email. Plan on downloading tomorrow and see what it feels like. With just the SCT tune it'll kill the tires in 2nd on the shift, in 2wd. Being a 4x4 it has the larger 265 series tires.

Makobra

Mostly Peaceful
Established Member
the only mods i have are a drop in filter and hooker blackheart duals.
I'm only going to get a tune when the warranty is up because i think stage 3 has a powertrain warranty included.
here's a short video with the exhaust demo. I've since removed the duals (somebody hit me from the rear) so its a bit deeper and louder now.

I really couldn't be happier. i think its the best engine all around for the F150. imo its designed a lot better than the 3.5.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
the only mods i have are a drop in filter and hooker blackheart duals.
I'm only going to get a tune when the warranty is up because i think stage 3 has a powertrain warranty included.
here's a short video with the exhaust demo. I've since removed the duals (somebody hit me from the rear) so its a bit deeper and louder now.

I really couldn't be happier. i think its the best engine all around for the F150. imo its designed a lot better than the 3.5.

Got the tuner from stage 3. Didn't buy the warranty, may or may not regret. I figure if something goes awry I'll buy a used 3.5 and drop it in. I like the sound of your truck, reminds me of a GN.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
not sure we can remain friends....

I've downloaded the SCT box tune so far. It is a big improvement especially in S mode. I have 5 star tunes in my email. Plan on downloading tomorrow and see what it feels like. With just the SCT tune it'll kill the tires in 2nd on the shift, in 2wd. Being a 4x4 it has the larger 265 series tires.
I spend enough money, and get in that much trouble with my wife. I’ve on a spending hold.

Users who are viewing this thread