2.7 L VBOX TESTED: LMS Tune + K&N Filter

GT500R

Established Member
I have had the 93 LMS tune for a while and have done a couple tests including adding a K&N filter (which made the car around .1 seconds faster for just a panel filter), and recently I had the opportunity to test out the 91 aggressive tune plus firmer shifting tune from LMS

"The transmission tune has firmer shifting and an overall more aggressive shift strategy which is the primary changes to the tune. The 93 tune would still have more timing advance because of the higher octane." - LMS

Impressions of the 91 agr. tune: the shifting is actually better then the current offering of tunes! Shifting is very quick (almost like my DSG VW, but not quite) and CRISP, there is no clunking, banging, etc. from the shift strategy on this tune - which the other 93 tune doesn't really clunk, but I feel like it sometimes bangs into the next gear on full throttle and I feel it can be a bit smoother. Normal "D" is very nice with the shifts also, crisp and clean. I think there is a bit more aggressive tuning (timing) in this tune based on the canned tune but I am not 100% certain. Either way I ran three times and had very similar results each run. It seems that this tune is just a SMIDGE slower then the 93 can tune (pretty cool). I now want the shift strategy on my 93 tune! DA was pretty much same for all runs for both tunes (-2200 DA)

Left was the best time for the canned 93 tune and 3 runs for the 91 aggressive tune on the right -

ROL1V5P.png

Thanks.

2k4Terminator

Established Member

8.51 in the 1/8th is impressive!
With the air filter and tune did you pick up fuel mileage? If so, how much?

Last edited:

GT500R

Established Member
8.51 in the 1/8th is impressive!
With the air filter and tune did you pick up fuel mileage? If so, how much?

Thanks, hoping to take it to the track sometime soon to get a 1/4 mile time.

I babied it for 45 minutes on the highway (65 mph cruise control) and got around 27 mpg.

It is probably comparable to stock if not a tad bit better.

2k4Terminator

Established Member
Thanks, hoping to take it to the track sometime soon to get a 1/4 mile time.

I babied it for 45 minutes on the highway (65 mph cruise control) and got around 27 mpg.

It is probably comparable to stock if not a tad bit better.

27!!??!? I'm getting right at 20 in mine. Bone stock. Cruise control set to 70mph on highway.... I need to
Get a tune!

768MPH

Established Member

Is this AWD or FWD Sport?
(EDIT: saw your previous post) AWD.

Impressive times.
Curious in real world MPG with all of it though.

It's all subjective due to different driving patterns but 2K4 Terminator has me wondering at 70 mph with 20mpg...?

I'm looking to buy a 2016 Fors Edge Sport with AWD, posted 17/24 and combined 18.
Wondering if that's real world data for drivers like us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

2k4Terminator

Established Member

Is this AWD or FWD Sport?
(EDIT: saw your previous post) AWD.

Impressive times.
Curious in real world MPG with all of it though.

It's all subjective due to different driving patterns but 2K4 Terminator has me wondering at 70 mph with 20mpg...?

I'm looking to buy a 2016 Fors Edge Sport with AWD, posted 17/24 and combined 18.
Wondering if that's real world data for drivers like us.

Sorry, I just now saw this. I recently made a trip to the coast and on the way down I set my cruise at 70 and I was averaging 27mpg. My previous post about 20mpg is with me driving everyday in town and on the highway.

Users who are viewing this thread