2.76 Pulley questions

2003RedfireCobra

Learning More Every Day
Established Member
I had a chance to buy a billetflow 2.76 upper pulley for very cheap and was wondering how much boost that adds? Is it 6 pounds..I also have a stock blower and was wondering if that was to much to add to a stock eaton..thanks guys...Im kinda in a hurry I will be more specific when I get back..Thanks

04CobraMatt

Established Member
Iv'e got a 2.76 with a stock blower. Iv'e seen the boost peak at 15psi but it always drops down to high 11's by 6500rpm.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
that's what I run...thats not too much...many run a 2.76 with a 4# lower, However, I would only run this combo if ported...

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
I had a chance to buy a billetflow 2.76 upper pulley for very cheap and was wondering how much boost that adds? Is it 6 pounds..I also have a stock blower and was wondering if that was to much to add to a stock eaton..thanks guys...Im kinda in a hurry I will be more specific when I get back..Thanks

its not too much... you should get it :rockon:

but be aware that you will NEED some other things to support it too:

at the VERY least a tune and a new belt and plugs

but to maximize the combo you should also get the accompanying billetflow idlers, an intake, and a catback exhaust

(i am assuming your sig is accurate that your car is bone stock with only a shifter)

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
With the 2.76 you'll see between 13-15lbs depending on how well your car is breathing. With the stock exhaust you'll probably be at the higher end of that range. Make sure you get the appropriate size belt and aux idler to prevent slip, along with a tune to take be safe for the added boost.

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
its not too much... you should get it :rockon:

but be aware that you will NEED some other things to support it too:

at the VERY least a tune and a new belt and plugs

but to maximize the combo you should also get the accompanying billetflow idlers, an intake, and a catback exhaust

(i am assuming your sig is accurate that your car is bone stock with only a shifter)

With the 2.76 you'll see between 13-15lbs depending on well your car is breathing. With the stock exhaust you'll probably at the higher end of that range. Make sure you get the appropriate size belt and aux idler to prevent slip, along with a tune to take be safe for the added boost.

What they said.

2003RedfireCobra

Learning More Every Day
Established Member
Yea It's bascally stock..I have a chance to get the 2.76 upper,aux idler, and a polished plumium all for 200.00 bucks...So it's a killer deal.....but with the 2.76 will I need a new belt like 96stangGT said? Is there a certain size I need? Also they said new spark plugs is that right also?...Im sorry Im very new to The Terminators..... Finally is the aux idler some kind thing that keeps your belt tight?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Yea It's bascally stock..I have a chance to get the 2.76 upper,aux idler, and a polished plumium all for 200.00 bucks...So it's a killer deal.....but with the 2.76 will I need a new belt like 96stangGT said? Is there a certain size I need? Also they said new spark plugs is that right also?...Im sorry Im very new to The Terminators..... Finally is the aux idler some kind thing that keeps your belt tight?

2.76 and a idler=stock belt 75.1" or a 74.5"
New plugs for sure.Tr6 or Tr6i gapped @.032-.034
A tune for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
i've got the bf 2.76/idler combo and it works great with the stock belt. and I lose very little boost, maybe 1-1.5 psi by redline

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
if you run just a 2.76 with an idler, you will need a shorter belt...however, if you run a 2.76 with all the matching idlers from billetflow...the stock belt will suffice

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member

With a 2.75 and 100mm aux idler I ran a 74" belt and had virtually zero boost drop off, this was with a ported blower though. With the stock eaton you shouldn't see it drop more than a 1-2lbs at that blower speed. A colder spark plug is a cheap upgrade, the NGK TR6's are only about $20 for the set of 8.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Iv'e got a 2.76 with a stock blower. Iv'e seen the boost peak at 15psi but it always drops down to high 11's by 6500rpm.
I think you've got some slip there bud. Check out: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/terminator-talk-229/530870-notched-tensioner-pics-info.html

is the aux idler some kind thing that keeps your belt tight?
The aux idler is an additional idler that goes right under your upper pulley to provide better belt wrap and reduce slip. Belt tightness is regulated by the tensioner.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
heres what i would get:

2.76/hub combo
Billetflow 4pc Idler combo (lets you reuse stock belt iirc)
JLT CAI
Borla Catback (my new favorite)
Dynotune
NGK TR6 @ .028-.032

03snakeminated

Established Member
sorry to hijack, but a have a question about going from upr 2.8 pulley to billetflow 2.76, I have a 90mm idler and 2lb lower [ported blower] if I go with the 2.76 can I use the same belt? I was thinking about going 100mm idler instead of the 90mm for a lil extra belt wrap,

MikeSop

Established Member
Its obvious that going from the stock upper pulley to a 2.76 increases boost... but does this make the exhaust a lot louder?

Users who are viewing this thread