2.76 to 2.75 pulley change question

chelseadevil21

Established Member
Hey guys,

I just bought an 04 Cobra which has a 2.76 pulley on it. Not sure what the brand is because it doesn't have any writing on it. I noticed some belt slip from it so I want to change it. I'm looking at the Reichard Racing 2.75 non-slip pulley. My question is, would I need to re-tune at all or would it be safe to just swap and drive? Also, what are your opinions on the RR pullies?

Last edited:

Zacharyx

Established Member
I doubt you would need a tune ( unless it already lean and increasing boost from less slip causes it to go even more so), but have you looked at other ways to stop the slip?? does it have an auxilary idler already? is the belt the correct size?

Last edited:

fast ford brian

Established Member
Mine slipped a little when I bought it and it was the old belt no one ever changed . Put on a new belt and see what that does for you.

chelseadevil21

Established Member
Thanks for the replies guys! It's not really too much slip so i'll look into a new belt as well. For me it's more of an aesthetic thing because the one that is on there right now looks ugly. I just wanted to know if you guys had any experience with the RR pulleys. They look amazing!

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Reichard pullies are very good quality and I'd at least spin your car on the Dyno to check the air fuel regardless if your changing pullies or not, not everyone in the US is a good tuner..

Users who are viewing this thread