2.8 & 6 lb lower. I'm ready!!

Killer Cobra

Established Member
I'm going to walk the fine line here. I'm not a track whore or trash my Snake but want more kick for the street. I rarely ever red line in any gear. So until Dec. I would like to get up in the high psi range like a few guys here. I think the 6lb lower should be just about right with the 2.8 and idler kit. How does it feel with this setup for the guys running it? Any issues? I know not to run her long up in the high rpm's since the Eaton will turn to marshmellow but would like to 100% max this baby out for now.

I need more boost! More Power! KB won't be here til x-mas!

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
> Killer Cobra: Any issues?

Overspinning the blower coupled with extended periods of heatsoak are detriments to the longevity of our motors. Play with poison if you must.

Last edited:

ROADWARRIORSVT

Established Member
I'm running the 2.80 upper and 6# lower, BUT,....I bought the car that way. I've been reading alot of "negative" stuff about the lower pullies. I may dyno the car myself to back up the original owners dyno (I don't have that graph). We'll see what happens. I may just change to the 4# lower or maybe even stock. It has been professionally tuned for the 6# lower though. Just be careful. No one wants to be the guy who post "I just blew my motor for being too greedy". Good Luck.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by ROADWARRIORSVT
No one wants to be the guy who post "I just blew my motor for being too greedy". Good Luck.
Which brings to mind the recent video of the red '03 Cobra that broke on the line. Nasty!
:burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread