WANTED: 2.9 whipple

Silver_03s

Anyone on here selling a 2.9 whipple atm? I’ve been scouring Facebook and haven’t been lucky. Looking for a gen 4 crusher or std inlet. If anyone has a gen 3 I might also entertain that. Thanks! Sorry if there’s thousands of threads for this I’m new here haha.

STEVEOUSMC

Established Member
I would unload mine for 2.3 whipple I hate I have to run troqo I have a polished 2.9 gen 4 with maybe 500miles on it put down 680 wheel. I would trade for a 2.3 all day

yfz162

88mph....serious shit!!!!
Established Member
I would unload mine for 2.3 whipple I hate I have to run troqo I have a polished 2.9 gen 4 with maybe 500miles on it put down 680 wheel. I would trade for a 2.3 all day
What does having a 2.9 have to do with you running torqo??? Sounds like you need to simply have the car tuned on 93 pump. Just switching to a smaller blower will not change your fuel requirement as it would need tuned for a 2.3 whip set up anyway….. How much boost you seeing on your current 2.9 set up? What is your timing set at? I say pulley up to a safe 15-17 lbs and have it tuned on 93 so you can keep the 2.9.

BUNKY

S281SVT
Established Member
My 93 tune runs Torco/Boostane
But im at 19lbs
17 lbs isnt doing you any good with the 2.9
Spin that dammm thing
Optimal performance is like 20 to 25 right?

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Simple solution bro run a Meth kit and u wont need Torco or Boostane.

STEVEOUSMC

Established Member
Sounds like more work…I want turn key pump gas. it’s even to much 680hp is crazy for the street. I get my ****en balls busted every time I start that car or even drive it. My lightning is so fun 440 hp and drove it like you stole it.

68gtscode

Established Member
Sounds like more work…I want turn key pump gas. it’s even to much 680hp is crazy for the street. I get my ****en balls busted every time I start that car or even drive it. My lightning is so fun 440 hp and drove it like you stole it.
Sounds like you should trade your Cobra for a 2V :)

yfz162

88mph....serious shit!!!!
Established Member
I have a 2.9 gen3 standard inlet running about 16lbs on pump 93. Never had the car on the track, but it pulls HARD. How much power are you looking to make? Keep the 2.9 and pulley it for less boost. You are going to need Torqo or another octane boosting additive running at your current power level on pump 93 weather you're running a 2.3 or a 2.9.

PC03GT

Established Member
I have a 2.9 gen3 standard inlet running about 16lbs on pump 93. Never had the car on the track, but it pulls HARD. How much power are you looking to make? Keep the 2.9 and pulley it for less boost. You are going to need Torqo or another octane boosting additive running at your current power level on pump 93 weather you're running a 2.3 or a 2.9.
Do you know what kind of numbers you're putting down?? I have a 2.9 gen4 standard inlet waiting to go on. Always questioning if I should of went 2.3

ScottySVT

Established Member
Mine is turn key with e85. I have a winter blend e70 tune and summer blend e85 tune for my gen 2 2.9. Making 730whp. Just a simple sct tuner to switch the tune in a matter of seconds. Im running 23lbs of boost. Couldn't be happier with the 2.9. Perfect blower for our cars, stock or built motor.

Users who are viewing this thread