2.9 with ported heads and cams build.

mach1033

Established Member
I hate hearing stories like this :fm: Nothing worse than dishonest incompetent people. All they do is bestow their own misery on everyone they come in contact with...........trust me you are not the first! The guy even trashed this thread without even trying which should have had a happy ending a long time ago.

The fact you have maintained a positive attitude throughout this whole ordeal speaks volumes. Most guys would have thrown in the towel by now but that puts you back to ground "zero". Good call moving forward :rockon:

One word of caution is to keep a brand new engine off the dyno until you put some easy miles on it. Not that this would have saved you and a lot of people will disagree with that statement but I've seen more "0" time engines grenade on a dyno which is akin to filling a prototype airplane full of passengers and sending it off on it's maiden voyage when they should have at least bunny hopped it down the runway while empty a few times first. I trust an engine with 100K on the clock more than one with 0K. This is a street car first and race car second. Race cars don't put a 1000 miles on the clock before they decide it's time to run the engine hard and win races nor do they expect to get 100K before the next rebuild. That's just my perspective.

Keep us posted on how it's coming along. I'm sure the new engine builder knows there are a lot of people looking at this build considering the history and want's to make sure he does it right.

:burnout:

You have no idea how I just wanted to quit the whole scene all together.

SlowSVT

Established Member
You have no idea how I just wanted to quit the whole scene all together.

In a way I do but all it would take for me is seeing that beautiful Terminator sitting in the garage waiting for a worthy motor :mj: there is no way I would let it fall into despair because some shit head didn't know what he was doing.

Keep us posted on your progress and post questions if anything along the way doesn't seem right. Sometimes we will spot a snafu. It's pretty depressing seeing a car all torn apart for such a long time but it amazing seeing how they can get resurrected and come back better than before :rockon:

When do you expect to get the new motor?

mach1033

Established Member
In a way I do but all it would take for me is seeing that beautiful Terminator sitting in the garage waiting for a worthy motor :mj: there is no way I would let it fall into despair because some shit head didn't know what he was doing.

Keep us posted on your progress and post questions if anything along the way doesn't seem right. Sometimes we will spot a snafu. It's pretty depressing seeing a car all torn apart for such a long time but it amazing seeing how they can get resurrected and come back better than before :rockon:

When do you expect to get the new motor?

New motor is in and getting tuned with Kevin Hand at Wicked motorsports. He is gonna post the results when he's done.

Kevin @ Wicked

Established Member
I hate hearing stories like this :fm: Nothing worse than dishonest incompetent people. All they do is bestow their own misery on everyone they come in contact with...........trust me you are not the first! The guy even trashed this thread without even trying which should have had a happy ending a long time ago.

The fact you have maintained a positive attitude throughout this whole ordeal speaks volumes. Most guys would have thrown in the towel by now but that puts you back to ground "zero". Good call moving forward :rockon:

One word of caution is to keep a brand new engine off the dyno until you put some easy miles on it. Not that this would have saved you and a lot of people will disagree with that statement but I've seen more "0" time engines grenade on a dyno which is akin to filling a prototype airplane full of passengers and sending it off on it's maiden voyage when they should have at least bunny hopped it down the runway while empty a few times first. I trust an engine with 100K on the clock more than one with 0K. This is a street car first and race car second. Race cars don't put a 1000 miles on the clock before they decide it's time to run the engine hard and win races nor do they expect to get 100K before the next rebuild. That's just my perspective.

Keep us posted on how it's coming along. I'm sure the new engine builder knows there are a lot of people looking at this build considering the history and want's to make sure he does it right.

:burnout:

Putting it thru its paces as Mike @ LM Engines wants. His engine, his rules ;)

Never had an issue with any of the motors he builds for me and the break in we follow.

Kevin @ Wicked

Established Member
Gonna text Kevin tomorrow and see if he's done. The weather up here in jersey sucks right now.

Not done. I am waiting for my 64gb sd cards for my new hero 3+ so i can get some better dyno footage rather than the flip hd ive been using :)

Also weather hasnt been to nice to even finish and get it off dyno and drive around. Soooooooon.

mach1033

Established Member
Not done. I am waiting for my 64gb sd cards for my new hero 3+ so i can get some better dyno footage rather than the flip hd ive been using :)

Also weather hasnt been to nice to even finish and get it off dyno and drive around. Soooooooon.

No rush. Wasn't sure how far you had gotten :beer:

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
how much boost does this setup "lose" from efficiency? Is it really pullied for 18psi and its losing boost from heads and cams and long tubes? Sorry turbo guy asking dumb questions

mach1033

Established Member
how much boost does this setup "lose" from efficiency? Is it really pullied for 18psi and its losing boost from heads and cams and long tubes? Sorry turbo guy asking dumb questions

With my stock motor boost registered at 23.5 with a stock upper and 4lb lower. So with my current motor I went back with the stock lower with stock upper pulley combo. So I lost 2 psi.

Users who are viewing this thread