2 forum members: 95 Cobra VS 97 Cobra

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
What are you shifting at?

Anything past 6,000-6,200 is a waste on the 96-98's...

Get some 4:10 or 4:30's back in for sure. That thing has to be a dog with 2:73's...LOL!

I agree, I usually redline first and then try to shift at like 6500. It is a dog lol, but 35-90 is great :lol1:

Good runs!

Thanks! Looks like we wont get to run em this weekend, hopefully next weekend!

time for gears man.

thanks man. :bored: did you read any of my posts?

trevkm7

Established Member
"thanks man. :bored: did you read any of my posts?"

Dude you should really do gears :-D.. By the way I want in on one of these races at some point

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Dude you should really do gears :-D.. By the way I want in on one of these races at some point

lol who's this?! what do you drive, etc. pm me

lol all the fools who swear by gears :nonono:

lol well this car was faster with the 4.30's no arguing that. It wont be as fast with the 3.73's vs the 4.30's, no denying that. Is it really THAT much faster? eh.. I'll just get a good ratio I like for my style of driving, then make power. :beer:

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
lol who's this?! what do you drive, etc. pm me

lol it's trevor bill, new owner of the silver v-dub

lol well this car was faster with the 4.30's no arguing that. It wont be as fast with the 3.73's vs the 4.30's, no denying that. Is it really THAT much faster? eh.. I'll just get a good ratio I like for my style of driving, then make power. :beer:

Well yea any gear more than 2.73's will make it faster because those are just roach gears, but you know what I'm sayin jeff

Got-Cobra?

Established Member
I agree, I usually redline first and then try to shift at like 6500. It is a dog lol, but 35-90 is great :lol1:

No point in reving it that high, you are wasting time/speed. As soon as you see 6k.....slam the next gear.

Try the race again, shifting EVERY gear at 6k before you swap the rear gears... :-D

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
DSGWhippedSnake, your car is pullied right? Interested in getting some runs in with a 2009 CTS-V if the weather ever clears? My friend has been looking for anything and everything that would be a good race.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Well yea any gear more than 2.73's will make it faster because those are just roach gears, but you know what I'm sayin jeff

Speaking of Jeff lol :lol1: \/

nice races guys!

Impecable timing, sir. Thanks.

DSGWhippedSnake, your car is pullied right? Interested in getting some runs in with a 2009 CTS-V if the weather ever clears? My friend has been looking for anything and everything that would be a good race.

Bob doesn't like to setup his races for some reason lol but if they're there at the same night and he feels like running, then they'll go. I'm calling tomorrow night off, but next Saturday night its on.

No point in reving it that high, you are wasting time/speed. As soon as you see 6k.....slam the next gear.

Try the race again, shifting EVERY gear at 6k before you swap the rear gears... :-D

Well Pille is in a different part of the country now lol, so I'll probably have 3.73's next time. Hell maybe even boost. Hell he may have a different car by then too haha but I hear what you're saying. I sort of want to try making a short runner just so I can rev it higher and it'll be worth my time.

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Bob doesn't like to setup his races for some reason lol but if they're there at the same night and he feels like running, then they'll go.

Lol, sounds good.

I'm calling tomorrow night off, but next Saturday night its on.

Next week sounds like a plan. Make sure the M3 comes out, I'm ready to take my beatdown! Hopefully it at least makes a good video, lol.

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
Lol, sounds good.

Next week sounds like a plan. Make sure the M3 comes out, I'm ready to take my beatdown! Hopefully it at least makes a good video, lol.

lol bill likes to call everyone bob steve and johnny...but like he said, if I'm there and he's there, and I feel like goin for a run it'll happen. The cars make about the same power with about a 400lb difference, should be a solid run. May have to wait a bit though, my car spins 1st and 2nd gear. Even 40 rolls on the highway are no good lol nitto's will be on sometime within the next couple of weeks.

SVT Pille

Established Member
Well Pille is in a different part of the country now lol, so I'll probably have 3.73's next time. Hell maybe even boost. Hell he may have a different car by then too haha but I hear what you're saying. I sort of want to try making a short runner just so I can rev it higher and it'll be worth my time.

Awhhh pray to goddd its a Z06! :banana:

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
lol bill likes to call everyone bob steve and johnny...but like he said, if I'm there and he's there, and I feel like goin for a run it'll happen. The cars make about the same power with about a 400lb difference, should be a solid run. May have to wait a bit though, my car spins 1st and 2nd gear. Even 40 rolls on the highway are no good lol nitto's will be on sometime within the next couple of weeks.

With the weight difference I would have thought the Cobra would walk out, but he raced another one making similar power and they were very close, so he wanted to try again with a different car/driver and see what happens. If the race doesn't happen it's cool, all in good fun :beer:

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
well this was a very constructive post. did you come up with that all on your own?:nonono:

Yes sir you bet your ass I did, you here to file a complaint? :nonono: Don't even try to argue, I'm not gonna sit here and bicker. Move along.

SVT Pille

Established Member
Good vid..

Pille arent you trying to sell your car?

I'm open to the idea it's just that I change my mind on what I want so much that I don't want to sell it and be stuck... It's like a piece of me.

If I sold it today I'd be looking for a '99-'02 SS, '96-'99 M3, '01 Cobra and then end up wasting my money because I can't resist the mod bug. But if I save my pennies over the winter I could finance a C5 Z06 or a terminator so I think thats the route I'm taking... as of now.

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
Some of you guys need to get an understanding of peak hp/peak rpm in relation to shift points, and torque multiplication...cause you guys are in left field. lol.

-Mark

Users who are viewing this thread