2 Kills and a scare

Sn95Snake

Established Member
I took my 2004 pullied Cobra out to a local car meet last night.

Upon originally a arriving I was disappointed because there was nothing but Hondas and my two buddies with GTIs. After being there for 10 minutes or so a guy in a 2012ish WRX pulls up any lets us know there is another meet a couple miles away. Myself and the two GTIs follow him to the other meet I had my younger brother 200+lbs with me. On the way there I got one run in with the WRX from a 60 roll in third (freeway). I put between two and three cars on him before catching up to traffic.

After arriving at this other meet we find out everyone had all ready left, but we still decided to kick back in the parking lot. I spoke with the guy with the WRX and he told me it was Stage 2 and was complimenting my car.

After a little while we all decided to head out, on the way home an e46 M3 does a fly by past myself and the GTI in front of me. My buddy in the GTI pulls over to the right lane and waves me up to pace the M3. We pull up to a red light and I am pumped ready to go, the light turns green and I am going! I do a run from 1st through 3rd and look over and the M3 is no where to be seen. I look back and he is way back there, didn't want to dig race I guess. I wait for him to catch up and have it in second waiting to go, just as I expected here he comes to do a fly by so right as he gets to my door I'm in it! Pulled at least 3 cars.

Did a couple roll race and beat him repeatedly, on the second to last race I was shifting from 3rd to '4th and put it in 2nd. I felt it start to rev high and luckily shoved the clutch back just as I cleared 7k. Woo that was crazy scary!

Last edited:

HandBanana

Established Member
WRX or STi? That's actually pretty good for him if the WRX hung with you like that. I have a pullied, ported, bolt-on Cobro and i take down upgraded turbo WRXs/STis,

evolve

Established Member
Nice kills. I think the BMW knew he had no chance. Nothing to do but a fly by I guess.

NiceCobra

Established Member
Wrx and sti have the same motors that year. Make equal whp on the Dyno. I had a stock 13 wrx and my buddy had a 13 sti and I would pull on him from a roll since I had longer gears

Sn95Snake

Established Member
WRX or STi? That's actually pretty good for him if the WRX hung with you like that. I have a pullied, ported, bolt-on Cobro and i take down upgraded turbo WRXs/STis,

WRX, I should have started in second. I believe it would have been worse for him had I started in second.

HandBanana

Established Member
Wrx and sti have the same motors that year. Make equal whp on the Dyno. I had a stock 13 wrx and my buddy had a 13 sti and I would pull on him from a roll since I had longer gears

....no. WRX was 265, STi was still 305. Please try not to spread bullshit around.

NiceCobra

Established Member
....no. WRX was 265, STi was still 305. Please try not to spread bullshit around.
Lol do your research man. They make the same whp. They have to put that on paper so people still buy the sti . Look on cobbs website on there Dyno data base.

They used a 2012 wrx and a 2011 sti and they made almost identical whp/tq. They both use the 2.5L motors . What makes the sti better is the tmic, suspension mods, 6 speed trans and brakes

Last edited:

NiceCobra

Established Member
Lol well they changed the wrx motor in 2015 with a 2.0l with less hp. They kept the sti the same

Users who are viewing this thread