2 owner 19r under 1,000 miles ?

GeorgeM@25

Established Member
Hey guys so I’m supposed to pick up my R next week it’s currently under deposit but there something about the car that’s bothering me and it’s that it already had two owners and neither owner even put 200 miles each on it I felt like that was weird so I had the car brought to a ford dealer by the jaguar dealer it’s being sold by and it checked out perfect would this bother anyone else enough to walk away from the deal?? And will it impact the cars value ?

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm not 100% about this but is it possible the dealer you're buying it from flipped the title into their name to sell and it's being labeled as the second owner?

GeorgeM@25

Established Member
No I don’t think so at least not per the car fax I called both dealers to try and get info on owners only cause I wanted the owners supplement package to go with the car and got nowhere and the only information I got was the second owner was 75 and decided he didn’t want a Manual so he traded for a jag F type coupe. no Info on the first owner. Price on the car is right tho almost like there selling to cheap (61,000)

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I honestly wouldn't be worried. it's an R so someone not driving it a lot (second guy sounded like he didn't even know what he was buying) wouldn't be out of the norm

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
neither owner had it long enough to know if it was burning oil excessively, but that’s not really been a 19 problem. i wouldn’t be surprised if at least one of them were trying to put it in a time capsule. also, in that few miles they might’ve never got used to the high redline and felt the car was meh...i know when i first got mine i kept shifting WAY early.

i get where you’re coming from, almost a too good to be true thing, but i feel like your fine.

i would want a video of it running with the hood open, and if no funny noises...ENJOY!

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Some people buy cars because they want the latest and greatest. Status symbols if you will. The 350R is more car than most people can handle, especially status seekers. Throw in manual transmission and bingo multiple owners.

You should be as diligent as any other car buy. It is your money and if it does not feel right walk away. Having said that I personally would not be concerned considering most people do not have the skills to drive the car. Also it is not a daily driver car or a practical car either.

The 350R is one awesome vehicle and you will love it.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
The 2 owners would throw a little bit of a red flag for me, but as said above the car doesn't have enough miles to be having oil consumption issues that would prompt someone to sell.

fearthesnake

Established Member
I'm not 100% about this but is it possible the dealer you're buying it from flipped the title into their name to sell and it's being labeled as the second owner?
This seems to happen quite often and misguides potential buyers.

Hey guys so I’m supposed to pick up my R next week it’s currently under deposit but there something about the car that’s bothering me and it’s that it already had two owners and neither owner even put 200 miles each on it I felt like that was weird so I had the car brought to a ford dealer by the jaguar dealer it’s being sold by and it checked out perfect would this bother anyone else enough to walk away from the deal?? And will it impact the cars value ?

I wouldn't hesitate to buy it one bit if Ford has looked it over. What did Ford do exactly when they checked it out?

If you want peace of mind, buy the extended warranty.

dom418

Established Member
I have 2 and both have less than 200 miles. I think a lot of these Rs don’t get driven. Just make sure it wasn’t a media test car. I’ve seen many of those come up for sale cheap. Do you know for sure it was owned by private owners? Car fax would show it was registered in MI

HiTechRedneck

Established Member
We just bought a 2 owner 17 with 4,011 miles on it after checking Carfax and Oasis as well as a through checkout on the lift. It was also Ford Certified Preowned so I wasn't too worried. When we actually got down to doing the deal we found that not only had the PO done a few simple mods such as fancy floor mats and a really stupid steering wheel cover but he had spent $5,700 at Dallas Mustang for lowering springs, JLT Cold Air, long tube headers and x pipe as well as a dyno tune!! Everything checks out so I'm happy we did the deal as well as happy the PO lost his ass on it!! (I shouldn't say that!) Since my son is the finance manager we found out the PO was out of work from the COVID. Many possible scenarios on your R.

Users who are viewing this thread