2 raptor shift lights, neither working on my terminator...

JCDriller

Established Member
I’ve recently tried installing a raptor shift light into my center vent. After testing, no joy. It’s their 4 wire unit with launch. I’ve checked everything multiple times. Setting are on 1, I’ve tried normal input and the weak signal setting. Installed just like their directions to pin 26. Turns on, doesn’t show RPM on the readout. When I rev the car to the set shift point, 1k, nothing happens.

I ordered a second one thinking shurly it was defective. Still nothing with the new one. Used a battery to test and directly attached it via a lead with dual gator clips to the green wire/white stripe #26. Nothing....

I keep throwing DTC code p0351 when I attach and detach it showing there is a issue with the coil bank. To me that is verification it is the correct wire.

Any other way to hook these up? Anyone else have an issue with their raptor shift light?

04OWwhipple

Established Member
I have never installed one so I don't have any experience with them but do you have a running rough condition with it connected? That code would typically be causing a misfire on cylinder one if it was an active code.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I would say if you're throwing a code something isn't hooked up correctly. I ran one on my 01 Cobra and never got a code. I did have an issue where it would randomly reset itself while I was driving. I researched that and found out I needed to find a different power source. Are you also pulling power from the ECU like the instructions say?

JCDriller

Established Member
No I’m pulling power from a seperate independent fused source right off the battery. Trying not to tap into anywhere I don’t need to.

The car seems to be running like normal, but admittedly only idle, I haven’t got to drive it for a couple weeks after I started install, then waited on a second light to get delivered.

The code only seems to come on during testing when I try to manually clip the light to the wire. I haven’t had it come on, on it’s own.

I’ll button it up and take it for a drive this weekend to see if anything is amiss.

JCDriller

Established Member
OK, so I pulled the #5 COP out my vert and put it in the #1 spot bam, everything started to work. The SES light isn't coming on and the raptor shift light works perfectly. It's hard to believe the #1 COP went out at the same time the raptor light was being installed, but that's it. So new Motorcraft COPs have been ordered and will be here soon. It'll give me a chance for to compression check and do leakdown testing on the engine anyway.

Thanks guys!

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
OK, so I pulled the #5 COP out my vert and put it in the #1 spot bam, everything started to work. The SES light isn't coming on and the raptor shift light works perfectly. It's hard to believe the #1 COP went out at the same time the raptor light was being installed, but that's it. So new Motorcraft COPs have been ordered and will be here soon. It'll give me a chance for to compression check and do leakdown testing on the engine anyway.

Thanks guys!

well that's random as hell, never seen that one before! Thanks for posting the solution

Users who are viewing this thread