20 inch Alcoa Shelby wheels

Rosco P

Bitter clinger…
Established Member
I want the wheels from the KR.

Is Shelby the only place to get them?

F8L SN8K

Established Member
As of right now yes. They are $500 a peice. Chrome 20*9 and 20*10 is the sizes available.Both are the same price.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Aren't 20" wheels a performance "downgrade" from the 18"?

Add more HP to compensate :rockon:

The KR concept and Super Snake both sport the 20s, I'm sure those cars are just fine in the Performance area :beer:

Rosco P

Bitter clinger…
Established Member

Yeah, they might slow me down as I cruise to the gas station.

The rears are 10 inches wide which will hold a little wider tire. Should help traction issues.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Add more HP to compensate :rockon:

The KR concept and Super Snake both sport the 20s, I'm sure those cars are just fine in the Performance area :beer:

I was thinking more on the lines of loss of sidewall. Adding more HP will only exasperate the problem. Drag race cars typically run 15" rims. You will beat the snot out of the sidewall running low profile tires. Same issue with handling meats.

Dave07997S

Established Member

Yes they are, 18's are the optimal size for handling. Even on the PCar the 18's are the best for the track, on my 997S it came with 19's..more for bling than for handling.

Dave

SlowSVT

Established Member
Yes they are, 18's are the optimal size for handling. Even on the PCar the 18's are the best for the track, on my 997S it came with 19's..more for bling than for handling.

Dave

Funny you say that. I've seen a few Porsche's running ultra low profile tires which kinda leaves me scratching my head :dw: Talk about an oxymoron

How bout a Hummer with 30 series wooly monger meats on 24" hoops and a knarly chrome brush bar :D

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
If it was, they wouldn't be offering it on the Super Snakes. And the GT500KR's will be sold with 18 inch Alcoas which will only be offered on the KR.

I bet some will be available through Ford. Perhaps you might have to prove KR ownership to get them though :shrug:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
I was thinking more on the lines of loss of sidewall. Adding more HP will only exasperate the problem. Drag race cars typically run 15" rims. You will beat the snot out of the sidewall running low profile tires. Same issue with handling meats.
isnt that the reason why a lot of people buy seperate rims for their drag radials? i would imagine the people that only run DRs arent as much into the cruising/car show scene.

Users who are viewing this thread